Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) with a goal of ensuring accessible high quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services including comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment in Pwani and Kigoma regions.
THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in its vacant position below for AFYA KWANZA HIV Care and Treatment Program:
POSITION TITLE: Data Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager Pwani and M&E Manager
LOCATION: Pwani Regional Office (with frequent field travel)
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
To provide technical support in implementing high-standard paper-based and computer-based health facility record-keeping systems for patient record management of CTC / VCT/PICT/APSS/ Cervical Cancer Screening, Nutrition, and palliative care programs in support of the Ministry of Health’s National AIDS Control Programme. To provide technical support in data management for public health evaluations as needed.
- Lead in maintaining and updating regional databases for care and treatment, TB/HIV, HCT, and other databases as assigned
- Assist to provide technical assistance to regional supported facilities within Pwani region in collaboration with R/CHMT members
- Build capacity of R/CHMT in data management and data use for program improvement
- Implementation and evaluation of monitoring tools and data management
- Ensure that DQA is carried out quarterly according to DQA SOP’s and that recommendations following the site DQA visit are implemented
- Ensure Pwani Region compliance to policies for data quality assurance and reporting requirements
- Train and supervise Data officers in the councils and in the supported CHMTs to ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine basis, generation of data queries and routine progress reports
- Collaborate with other team members to prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on supported program areas
- Develop and respond to queries related to data analysis
- To perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or certified training in Computer Science, IT/HMIS, data management or a related discipline. Advanced skills in Database programming, and analytical software an advantage
- A background in nursing, health science or a related discipline are an advantage
- 3+ years relevant experience years’ experience with MS Access application development and use, data analyses with standard software packages and implementing protocols for data quality assurance.
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Fluent in English & Kiswahili
- Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email email@example.com, attaching their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages maximum by April 10th 2020 with a subject line for example: Data Manager Pwani Region. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa