Nafasi za kazi Tanzania Girl Guides Association (TGGA)-Account Officer Tanzania Girl Guides Association (TGGA) is a volunteer membership organization aiming at empowering girls and young women socially and economically through informal education.
TGGA is a Member Organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) with more than 10 million members worldwide. Girl Guides and Girl Scouts is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, making friends and having fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to impact change to themselves, their communities and our world. WAGGGS keeps the global guiding Movement thriving, united and growing.
TGGA operates within the context of a volunteer-led global charitable organization among 150 Member Organizations (MO).
TGGA seeks to employ competent team players to fill in positions which exist in the organization, who will perform their duties with highest integrity, diligence, and professionalism.
JOB TITTLE: Account Officer
Line Manager: National Secretary
Key Working Relationships:
Chief Commissioner, National Secretary, Projects Coordinators and managers, Finance Committee, Training department and senior leaders of Tanzania Girl Guides Association.
Responsibilities and job description
Financial management of TGGA
Responsible for implementation of all TGGA routines and regulations in accordance with the Financial Management Manual. Quality assurance of budgets, payments, accounting, facilitation of auditing as well as financial risk management. Internal training and active support of programme staff to reinforce capacity of financial management in programmes. Simplifying and improving routines within the borders of compliance and risk management.
Administrative systems and routines of TGGA
Hereunder, to be in charge of implementation of well-functioning support systems at the office in order to provide necessary and timely administrative support and procurement processes.
Ability to work independently with very minimal supervision, being proactive and dedication to work beyond normal hours when needed to do so.
Fundraising and compliance with donors’ financial and administrative requirements
Hereunder, participate in fundraising proposal writing and ensure high quality as well as timely accounting and reports to different donors. Understanding of funding portfolio, managing its size and risk. Hereunder also participating in pursuing new donors and securing strong trust with existing donors.
Lead by example and empower direct reports within finance and administration department, ensure human resource development of staff with capacity building and regular performance development review. Lead the finance and administration organization to deliver its services in a way that motivates and enables programme staff to extra ordinary performance.
Follow-up of partners & projects implementations
Responsible for the follow-up of partners to improve their financial and administrative performance; hereunder capacity building, financial assessments of projects, monitoring and monthly reports.
READ >> JIUNGE NA CHANNEL YETU YA TELEGRAM
- Degree in Accounting or Finance from recognized learning institu tion with more than 3 years post qualification working expe rience
- Possession of CPA or ACCA, knowledge of accounting software’s and registration with NBAA will also be an added advantage
- Broad experience within finance and administration management at a senior level, including supervisory experience
- Documented results from capacity building
- Experience from partner-based work is an advantage
- Experience in dealing with multi-currency accounting and she/ he MUST have experience of using Quick book
- Ability to manage complex reports and systems Personal qualities
- Proven high level of integrity
- Structured, self-driven, energetic and result oriented
- Excellent communication, writing and cooperation skills
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, delegate and work strategically
- Ability to inspire others and build their skills and capacity
- Ability to handle stress and heavy workloads, to manage complex processes and deliver on time
- Friendly, polite with good sense of humour
- The person employed MUST be loyal to TGGA organizational values and comfortable with working in a volunteering environment.
A package within TGGA salary scale
- Tanzanian girls and young women not more than 50 years of age are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must attach updated curriculum Vitae (CV) showing two reliable referee contacts (Postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers)
- Working Experience of not less than 3 years is necessary for all positions
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates with one recent passport size photograph and copy of birth certificate (Testimonials, partial transcript and result slips will not be accepted)
READ >> FULL FUNDED SHOLARSHIP FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are requested to submit their cover letter, CV and other associated documents to: [email protected]
Application deadline is 13/11/2020. Any application sent after this date will not be considered.