Nafasi za kazi Precision Air-Procurement Officer December 2020 Precision Air Services Plc is a fast-growing private Tanzanian airline which operates in Partnership with Kenya Airways, with its strategy to expand wings beyond East Africa and Africa.
In order to keep our services at a higher level and meet our customers’ maximum satisfaction, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in these challenging positions.
POSITION:PROCUREMENT OFFICER – TECHNICAL (1 POST)
REPORTS TO:PROCUREMENT MANAGER
DUTY STATION:DAR ES SALAAM.
ROLE PURPOSE OF THE STATEMENT
To Implement and maintain cost effective procurement requirements for the Precision Air Services Group of Companies in order to achieve a safe, sustainable and reliable supply chain and increase shareholder value and organization’s profit
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate the determination and preparation of budgets for materials and supplies and ensure budgets are adhered.
- Ensure stakeholders adhere to laid down procurement procedures and policies to improve current practices and reduce costs.
- Understand needs of internal customers i.e. specs, lead times, units of measure; make sure they are clearly stated, liaise with all parties in the supply chain so that needs of internal customers are met satisfactorily
- Lay grounds leading to pre-qualification of suppliers/vendors, monitor and update the respective database.
- Oversee the preparation of appropriate documents necessary for the purchase of materials, supplies, equipment, and service contracts.
- Keep abreast with supply markets and trends (e.g. material price increases, shortages, changes in suppliers) and interpreting the impact of these trends on company strategies in order to deliver the best value for money and increase in profits.
- Review purchase requests to ensure that the materials and supplies purchased have the greatest value for money.
- Purchase supplies, materials, goods and services according to sound purchasing procedures and practices.
- Assist in the organization and coordination of the bid acceptance and opening process; contact vendors and contractors to invite quotations and bids; assist in the preparation of contractual documents, and in the investigation of contract deviation or noncompliance.
- Obtain, verify and provide information related to purchases and related matters to user departments, vendors and contractors; provide technical information and assistance to user departments; review requisitions for completeness and accuracy to obtain information related to price, product quality and delivery time lines.
- Prepare purchase orders for approval and signature of the approved mandates; provide information and resolve problems as appropriate.
- Undertake Supplier rationalization, development and performance rating to ensure timely deliveries and quality assurance including supplier database maintenance
- Support physical documentation to ensure timely payment
- Deliver saving through smart spend management to support the business financial objectives
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
READ >> NEW JOBS,INTERNSHIP,SCHOLARSHIPS,TIPS HOW TO WIN JOB INTERVIEW
- Team player
- Results focused
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Interpersonal skills
- Unquestionable Honesty / integrity / Ethics Assertive
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- University Graduate/Advance diploma in supplies management or equivalent from a recognized institution,
- Registered by Procurement, Supplies Professional and Technicians Board (PSTB)
- Three years of experience, CSP Qualification
- Computer proficiency
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of tender procedures
Not later than 14th December 2020
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements, please send your application and CV to the address below. Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam