NRC is looking for Curriculum Development Coordinator based at Kibondo ,Kigoma Tanzania
Webcruiter ID: 4243373299
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by supervisor
- Promote and share ideas for improvement
- Ensure compliance with NRC procedures and policies
- Ensure compliance with NRC (global and national) policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines and/or propose new initiatives to bridge gaps and implement these.
- Work with the consultant to review the Burundian curriculum and develop an AE curriculum road map and framework.
- Support to document and review the existing documents in line with the formal school curriculum covering grades 1 to 9.
- Engage with the teachers, EWG to harmonise and propose AE curriculum levels to be adopted for the Tanzania context.
- Engage and support the day to day monitoring of tasks assigned to TIE in the process of curriculum development.
- Document the key learnings at every stage of the curriculum development for sharing with the education working groups members and other partners implementing AEP and will inform the curriculum road map and framework to be adopted. Support to develop a snapshot of the newly developed curriculum at every stage of development. Support orientation and validation workshops on the new curricula and prepare for piloting; roll out and monitor the use of the curriculum in the first 3 to 6 month after its development during the pilot.
- Support in the development of guidance notes and SOP’s and makes sure they are implemented accordingly.
- Identify, analyze and evaluate key processes and gaps the Curriculum development process
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and/or other stakeholders.
- Prepare regular reports and updates on the curriculum development process and share with NR and education working group.
- Provide expertise develop standard education training content for teachers in relation AEP curricular, integration of life skills and delivering of training, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Support the training, capacity building and EWG members, teachers and education authorities on the AEP curriculum.
- Develop strong working relationships at Kibondo and field level with external education actors.
- Represent NRC at the field level in education coordination meetings.
- To undertake any additional duties determined by the Education Manager or Area Manager.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience in coordination and liaising with external actors
- Ability to work independently and proactively with limited daily support and supervision
- Be able to use a variety of software, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- At all times in and outside work, adhere to NRC Code of conduct.
- Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Participate actively in supervisory and appraisal process
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Coordination with government institutions and partners is an added advantage
- Fluency in English and or French; ability to speak Kiswahili and/or Kirundi, Kiha an advantage.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing resources to optimize results
We can offer
Duty station: Kibondo
Contract period is for 6 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo
Application deadline: 10/06/2020
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa