Gold Room Operator
Reporting to: Gold Room and Gravity Foreman
Work Schedule: 14 Days On / 7 Days Off
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Gold Room Operator to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the process plant department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- To Maintain and keep confidential all refinery information, including schedules, activities, equipment layout, building layout, gold information and passwords
- Compliance to Confidentiality policy and related Standard Operating Procedures
- Take part in the Production of gold bullion of highest possible purity and to take part in the bullion boxing process
- To take part in the gold shipment process whenever required to do so
- To operate the Barrick – Bulyanhulu reactor and the Knelson concentrators to achieve optimum gold recovery
- To maintain housekeeping in the refinery, gravity circuit, Barrick- Bulyanhulu reactor building and Electro winning section
- To make sure that all equipment are cleaned and maintained well
- To ensure accuracy in equipment operation, including the electro winning cells, filters, smelting furnaces, calcining oven and weighing balances through regular maintenance and calibration.
- Ensure calibration and services are performed with high priority as per schedule.
- Ensure all refinery reagents and consumables are arranged and stored properly with their respective labels as required.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Gold Security Standards and Gold Room Operating Procedures
- Trade Test Grade I Certificate
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education
Minimum 2 years’ experience as Gold Room Operator
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
Hazard identification and Risk assessment
Mine health and Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “GOLD ROOM OPERATOR“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th October 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
TO APPLY CLICK HERE