JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Nafasi za kazi Kigoma -Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)-District Manager |October 2020
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing Afya Kwanza Project, which supports comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care, Support,and Treatment services in Pwani and Kigoma regions as a Sub awardee of Management and Development in Health (MDH).
THPS is seeking qualified, experienced and motivated Tanzanians to fill in the position of a District Manager to oversee Afya Kwanza implementation in two districts of in the Kigoma region.
Position Title: District Manager
Reports to: Regional Manager
Position Location: Kigoma, Tanzania
Travel: Up to 75%
Overall Job Function.
Successful candidate will be responsible to provide technical support to CHMTs in overall planning, initiation and implementation of HIV Care and Treatment, PMTCT/EID, APSC, PSG, TB/HIV, HTS, Cervical Cancer Screening, Laboratory and Supply Chain Services in all THPS supported sites in the District. Moreover, He/She will provide leadership to THPS district team in building good working relationship with CHMTs and HCPs in supported facilities to ensure provision of quality health services and achievement of facility and district key performance Indicators.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Leading, coordinating and supervising THPS district technical team
- Providing technical assistance to Council health management Team (CHMT), Medical officer in charges on program interventions and related issues.
- Providing direct technical assistance to healthcare providers at THPS supported health facilities on overall HIV/AIDS clinical management and uptake of interventions on identification of new PLHIVs, linkage to care and retention of clients and HIV viral load monitoring.
- Ensuring that THPS-supported clinical care activities at multiple delivery sites conform to the Tanzania national guidelines
- Active participating in development and reviewing all sub-grantees’ proposals (Councils, CSOs and FBOs) to assure realistic target setting, adequate allocation of resources, proper and timely execution of planned activities, compliance review, technical and financial performance report review on monthly and quarterly bases.
- Participating actively in Council health department planning including day to day planning and Comprehensive Council Health Plan (CCHP) making sure project activities are owned by CHMT and some are gradually taken by Council by planning and allocating budget for them in CCHP for sustainability.
- Participating in data analysis and development of operational research and abstract for knowledge sharing.
- Active participation in program Monitoring and Evaluation activities by doing capacity building to CHMTs and HCPs on proper data documentation of service delivery in appropriate national monitoring tools, report writing, data storage, Timely submission of reports and data utilization for improvement of quality of services.
- Providing oversight to Laboratory support services and supply chain management systems of HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs at district and THPS supported health facilities in collaboration with THPS senior advisers on Laboratory and supply chain services.
- Coordinate and improve Quality Improvement (QI) initiatives in the region.
- Support the Regional Manager in overseeing the Regional program budget
- Coordinating and facilitating resources to health care workers for various program interventions.
- Foster good working relationship between THPS and District authorities and health facilities
- Performing other relevant project-related duties as assigned by the supervisor
Requirements: Education and experience
- Medical Degree (MD, MBBS)
- Master’s degree in public health or Epidemiology is an added advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in working in HIV care and treatment programs
- At least 2 years’ proven experience and skills in planning, coordinating, organizing team to deliver the best results to meet set targets
- Ability and experience to conduct trainings (classroom and onsite), supportive supervision with CHTMs and other stakeholders and mentorship programs for HCPs Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Ability to travel by 75% of his/her time.
- Good interpersonal skills
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by 3rd October 2020 with a subject line of ‘District Manager’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV, and people living with disability are encouraged to apply