JOB OPPORTUNITY AT GAS ENTEC Co.LTD
PROJECT TITLE: CONSTRUCTION OF 1200 PASSENGER FERRY SHIP
POSTING TITLE: TAX ACCOUNTING OFFICER (1)
DUTY STATION: MWANZA
The Officer will need to specifically assist Management on tax advisory, compliance and planning. He will be the key contact of the tax matter to internal stakeholders by amongst other things advising the business on tax risks and planning/savings. He will also support the Management on compliance to ensure timely payment of tax due, and reduce risk to business from penalties and interests as a result of non-compliance of tax laws in the United Republic of Tanzania. The Officer will also need to implement policies and procedures to effectively manage the tax position of the company at any given time throughout the month and annually and to advise the management in all tax related matters and new provisions imposed by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania that have effects in tax related matters. The Officer will be driver of the tax audits, tax investigations and disputes by liaising with TRA Tax auditors and assessors, Tax consultants and external auditors as well as other stakeholders.
- Becoming a key contact of the tax team to internal and external stakeholders
- Advise the commercial and business teams on tax implications of different products and transactions
- Manage, improve and provide recommendation on development of information systems supporting the tax function
- Compile and maintain financial models to be used for the tax computations and tax payments. Implement measures to manage the risk of penalties and interests as a results of non- compliance
- Propose, review and implement tax management policies and procedures
- Review all tax returns, computations and payments.
- Manage relationships with TRA, Tax Consultants and tax lawyers
- Monthly reconciliation of the VAT, Withholding tax and Excise duty.
- Coordinate and ensure timely computation and submission of monthly tax report.
- Coordinate the activities of personnel in the tax department, recommending measures to improve performance and increase efficiency.
- Recommend personnel action such as recruitment, promotions, disciplinary measures, training of future employees
- Advise the business on tax implications of different transactions and make judgement on circumstances where external advice is required
- Liaise with the Group Tax on a regular basis
- Liaise with external parties, e.g. TRA and Tax Consultants
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of  years’ experience in a financial and tax role [in a public company]
- Shipping industry experience is advantageous
- Thorough understanding of the direct and indirect tax laws for Tanzania
- Strong understanding of the tax accounting
- Strong computer literacy especially Advance Microsoft Excel skills
- Financial policies, procedures and systems
- To be up to date with the latest legislation governing the tax function
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientated approach
- Leadership skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to network with other players in the market
- Ability to manage staff as well as facilitate change
- Technical/professional qualifications:
- College or University graduate with a degree in Tax, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA (T), ACCA or specific tax qualification e.g. Postgraduate Diploma in Taxation
- Tax Environment
- Tax Planning
- Tax Compliance
- Tax Strategy
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidate should send their CV and Academic Certificate to,
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org before 25 th April,2020.Only qualified
candidate shall be contacted, female candidate are highly encourage to apply.