Specialist; Regulatory Reporting & IFRS9
Responsible for timely submission for all credit regulatory reports as per Central Bank and International Financial Reporting Standard guidelines.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of management, regulatory and other credit – related reports.
- Oversee submission process of quality credit information to the Central Bank.
- Oversee timely closure of customer disputes originated from the Credit Reference Bureau as they arise.
- Administer foreign debt registration for customers and ensuring timely reporting to the Central Bank on monthly basis as required.
- Verification of completeness and accuracy of credit data to be used in the IFRS9 impairment process.
- Supervision of the IFRS 9 Impairment process from data collection to extracting reports for use by management and other units as required.
- Periodic review of the IFRS 9 model as required by the regulator.
- Establish a fair value gain/loss for all credit facilities granted under special terms.
- Assessment of BOT loan loss impairment and ensure compliance to the Central Bank requirements at all times.
- Identify and develop functional training needs and resources to deliver training to all stakeholders to ensure compliance with the regulations.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Banking, Economics, Finance, Accountancy, or relevant qualifications from recognized academic institutions
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in IFRS 9 and 2 years Audit experience from financial institution or related fields.
- Must have certification in Accounting.
- Conversant with Microsoft applications especially Ms. Excel, Ms. Word and Ms. PowerPoint.
- Conversant with Central Bank regulations used in assessing credit risk such as The Banking and Financial Institutions (Management of Risk Assets) Regulations, 2014, The Banking and Financial Institutions (Credit Concentration) and Banking and Financial Institutions Act.
- Conversant with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS 9) Standard in terms of applicability and its impact to financial assets of a financial institution.
- Knowledgeable about Central Bank’s requirement of submission of credit information to Central Bank by Financial Institutions.
- Knowledgeable about Central Bank’s requirement regarding foreign loan registration process.
- Possess excellent analytical skills.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY