This Purpose of Position will be used in the WVI or local Careers site, and if applicable, advertisements. Please describe the role in 2-3 concise sentences. Focus on the core of what this role is supposed to achieve. Describe the purpose of this position and how this position contributes to achieving department objectives and the management and performance of others.
leadership in the areas of effective planning, implementation, controlling and reporting of all project activities as per World Vision (WV) and Global Evergreening Alliance (GEA) standards. He/she will manage project staffs; finance/non-finance resources. He/She will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery and accomplishment of the programme’s core objectives under his/her responsibility. This is by making sure that project activities are planned and delivered within the agreed project Project Manager is expected to provide technical oversight and overall management of Ark2030 project in 3 regions of Tanzania; Dodoma, Singida and Manyara. Ark2030 project primary goal is to Restore Land and Livelihoods systems. The project’s objective is to improve livelihoods, food and nutrition security, and resilience to climate change for smallscale farmers and/or pastoralist and restore ecosystem services, particularly through evergreen agriculture, and to enhance carbon sinks using locally appropriate evergreening practices
The manager will be responsible to provide efficient scope and budget.
Shelter Programme Development Manager at Norwegian Refugee Council March, 2020
The position will involve strategic decision making around day-to-day activities, working with partners and Local and central government actors, and interaction with the wider project stakeholders.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Project Planning and Management
- Ensure high quality project implementation and reporting of project interventions, track the targets and shared in a timely manner with PMU and WVT Head Office according to the Project design document and project logframe.
- Innovatively manage the program in collaboration with partners, allies and like-minded stakeholders to influence policy and achieve the multiplied impact;
- Maintain a tight understanding on all field activities and adjust programme strategies, resources and delegation of responsibilities as necessary to ensure appropriate progress toward objectives;
- Continuously assesses the context, assumptions and changes in working environment and propose adjustments when needed.
Project Budget and Resource Management
- Ensure annual and multiyear budget plans and report is prepared and shared in collaboration with finance staff, and ensure compliance with donor requirements;
- Management of programme funds, including monitoring of monthly budget burn rates, budget re-alignments, production of financial reports and support with internal and external auditing;
- Facilitation of sub-grant procedures and processes as provided by organisational policy
- Creating synergies and resource leverage with government and other actors through facilitating integrated district level planning and budgeting;
- Responsible for effective close-out of grant.
Staffs and Performance Management
- Line management responsibilities for: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (x1); Finance and Administration Officer (x1); Regional Project Officers (x3) and Driver (x2). Responsibilities include new hire orientation, performance management, personnel actions, identifying professional development requirements and facilitating capacity building initiatives;
- Conduct continuous staffs performance management (By using WV’s partnering for performance tool)
- Oversight of all team work plans and support team with problem solving;
- Responsible for ensuring all team members and external partners adhere to World Vison policies and procedures including child and adult beneficiaries safeguarding policy;
- Promote and model a working style based on strict adherence to the WVs’ global organizational core values and Our Promise
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEAL) and Reporting
- Test and adapt, in collaboration with programme colleagues, the programme theory of change;
- Ensure the project develop and implement the programme’s impact measurement system, including: collection of baseline and periodic data for tracking programme performance and decision making;
- Deliberately create synergies and resource leverage with other World Vison projects (especially Area Programs), ensure that project is well coordinated and generate evidence for policy impact and contribute to World Vision ministry and GEA strategy.
- Ensure quality project progress reports as per stakeholder timelines and submit to the relevant authority;
- Plan and facilitate annual programme review meeting to assess progress, adjust plans, and draw/disseminate lessons learned;
- Organise and conduct reflective learning forums (quarterly reflection meetings, workshops, etc) internally and externally with programme stakeholders including government.
- Facilitate forward accountability mechanisms to monitor project quality and impact.
Networking, visibility and donor recognition
- Establish and maintain good relations with GEA and World Vison Australia (AUSO) contact person, with regards to the implementation and accountability.Ensures project interventions and donor are recognized by the government, partners and communities through project branding,
- participation and representation in different forums including national events.
- Develop and support effective linkages and collaboration with key public institutions in the evergreening field.
- Represent the project in various national and international learning and sharing meetings/workshops/conferences.
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of processes, challenges, best practices and lessons learnt among partners in the consortium.
- Bachelor degree in evergreening field. (Example, agroforestry, Rural Development, Environmental Studies, Geography etc.)
- Should have a minimum experience of not less than 5 years in managing grants projects implemented across regions/districts (similar project)
- Experience working in, or delivering, resilient agriculture, economic development, food & nutrition security and community based climate adaptation
- Experience working within, and ideally leading, a consortium of partners
- Must be a Christian with good conduct
- Basic understanding of advocacy approaches and advocacy issues at local, national and international level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Swahili
- Significant experience in working with government officials, donors and multi-partner programmes
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Strong commitment to WV Values, Mission and Vision.
- Having Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Should be conversant with GIS and remote sensing techniques in evergreening field
- Should have a prior experience with World Vision and/or similar international NGO’s
- An experience to manage grants projects >3M USD
CLICK HERE TO APPLY