JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
The overall purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate, implement, and contribute to an inclusive and sustainable development of the coffee value chain project through development and strengthening of smallholder coffee cooperatives, to enhance production, processing and trade of coffee produced by smallholders in the Southern highlands of Tanzania. The PM will also be expected to perform the daily management of the programme, supporting the project team with technical and professional guidance and ensuring quality delivery of the project outcomes and providing an enabling relationship between the project and stakeholders.
Minimum Qualification: Masters
Experience Level: Management level
Experience Length: 5 years
Project: Smallholder Coffee Development Project (SCDP)
Duty Station: DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania Reports to: Tanzania Country Director
Project Period: 1st of May 2020 – 31st April 2024
Subject Line: SCDP – Project Manager
About BRAC MAENDELEO TANZANIA
BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organization having extensive development programs globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14 countries across Asia and Africa.
The Project Manager will lead on the design, coordination and implementation of Smallholder Coffee Development Project (SCDP) and establish partnership with local NGOs, farmer Organizations, Farmer cooperatives and government stakeholders; and will work closely with relevant actors in the coffee value chain to strengthen coffee cooperatives to provide services to farmers for increased production, processing and trade on coffee produced by smallholders farmers; and stimulate trade-led economic growth by strengthening competitiveness of smallholder coffee producers, promoting investments, businesses and creation of jobs along the coffee value chain.
- Play a leading role to implement the project with overall leadership and managerial oversight of the project, personnel management, budget, and contract delivery;
- Lead on project mobilization and outreach to farmers by organizing, promoting and managing outreach events;
- In collaboration with BRAC MAENDELEO TANZANIA monitoring team; develop an effective monitoring and evaluation strategy and coordinate the design and delivery of appropriate M&E systems and provide support to determine the impact logic and performance monitoring plan;
- Responsible for developing annual work plans, budget revisions and analysis and ensure production of quality and timely reports for donor and stakeholders and work with communication team to ensure that appropriate project documentations are created;
- Represent the project and BRAC MAENDELEO TANZANIA and network actively with relevant stakeholders, donors, government initiatives, and policies by also actively participating in key events, workshops, and forums;
- Build alliance and coordinate partnership with local agri-focused organisations with significant extension network to help with farmer mobilisation and buy-in during implementation phase;
- In collaboration with the Project Management Team, support in the design of a financial mechanism that is appropriate to the needs of farmers and start engagement with financial institutions;
- Establish partnership with other relevant stakeholders as appropriate such as farmer cooperatives, farmer’s organization, AMCOS, Tanzania Coffee Board on increasing coffee production and strengthening the value chain;
- Participate in mainstreaming gender in activities to ensure women and youth are among the target beneficiaries of the project;
- Strengthening and maintaining relations with relevant LGAs, government line ministries and private sector/research institutions to coordinate the adoption of new products and/or approaches in agriculture development and marketing;
- Ensuring the provision of quality data on a timely basis for internal project management and external reporting purposes;
- Contribute to dissemination of good practice and lessons from the organization’s work and promote experience sharing and learning in the organization and among partners;
- Proactively work with regional, global and country teams to participate in fundraising and relationship management to ensure high standard of performance in all aspects of resource management including donor identification/mapping, engagement and designing project proposal to create strong pipeline.
- Master’s degree in Agricultural economics, Agribusiness, Applied Agricultural Extension, General Agriculture, Environmental science or related field with at least three years of relevant and proven working experience in the coffee sector or bachelor’s degree in relevant field and at least 5 years of relevant and proven working experience in the coffee sector.
- Computer literate and conversant with the Microsoft packages
- Project management skills and experience.
- Strong oral communication, analytical, listening and presentation skills together with excellent command of written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Experience in working with civil society and government structures.
- Knowledge of development cooperation and experience in EU funds management.
- Knowledgeable about national coffee sector, guiding policies and regulations and familiarity with policy research methodology and analytics.
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports in order to inform management and strategic decision-making
- Social and cultural sensitivity.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Takes initiative and seeks opportunities to initiate action.
- Experience in the fields of gender equality and human rights.
- This position is for Tanzanian nationality applicants only.
- Women with the stated qualifications are highly encouraged to apply. Other experiences Additional knowledge on the following skills will be an added advantage
- Farm Management;
- Agricultural Marketing;
- Business Planning
- Project Management for Agricultural Professionals.
Terms of employment
Six months of probation prior to signing contract
Two years contract and renewable based on the project cycle and staff performance.
Deadline for the application is 10th of April 2020 not later than 13.00 pm. If you meet the set criteria, please send your cover letter and CV.
How to Apply
Please manually apply for this job using the details below: Send application to: email@example.com
JIUNGE GROUP LETU LA TELEGRAM. BONYEZA HAPA