Nafasi 4 za kazi Geita Gold Mining Ltd-Agi Truck Operators
Agi Truck Operators
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Agi Truck Operators
Contract Type & Duration Permanent
Job Number: GGM-2020-NUG-04
Number of Positions: 04
Works For: Supervisor –CAF Plant
- A minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Basic Numeracy and Verbal / Written English
- Heavy Vehicle Driver’s License
- Ability to drive a manual transmission light vehicle in mining environment
- Open pit mining employees are highly encouraged to apply.
- Previous experience as Agi Truck Operator
- Sound knowledge of underground mining practices.
- A minimum of 3 years exposure to mining or plant operations.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Disciplined and process oriented.
- Must be familiar with mining and environmental regulations as well as material specifications.
Purpose of the Role:
To upload and drive Agi Truck to specified locations and unload the concrete ensuring safe work practices at all times and maintaining the truck and ancillary equipment.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Complete daily prestart checklist, greasing and basic maintenance of truck and ancillary equipment
- Drive trucks under loading hopper to receive sand, gravel, cement and water and start mixer
- At location move leavers on the truck to release concrete down the chute as advised by Spotter.
- Ensure trucks and equipment are cleaned to prevent concrete hardening in the mixer and on the truck
- Ensure GGM safety standards, policies & procedures are adhered to at all times
- Positive Attitude towards work and colleagues.
- Willing to learn new skills.
- Able to speak and understand English language.
- Basic first aid knowledge.
- Be physically and mentally fit and hard working. Appointment subject to thorough medical check-up by authorized medical practitioner.
- Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
- Good team worker.
- Be able to work at minimum supervision.
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be CAF Batch Plant Operator and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e-mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews. Contact Address:
Senior Human Resources Manager,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
P.O. Box 532,
NB: Applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 01 st September 2020 – 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa