Job Opportunities at Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology Tanzania – Supply Planner Specialist June 2022
Position: Supply Planner Specialist
- Coordinates and integrates the flow of materials and information among suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and customers.
- Conducts and/or oversees strategic supply chain analysis.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of the supply chain.
- Develops and implements supply chain designs, models, strategies and/or processes to improve the business.
- Support to build relationship and trust with the Customers Purchasing, Operations & Maintenance departments.
- Support day-to-day sales & operations activities, helping on the resolution of conflicts between different stakeholders.
- Identify, communicate and proactively manage potential parts availability gaps or risk.
- Promote and secure a reliable on-time supply for forecasted items (or Preventive Maintenance plans).
- Define customized inventory strategies considering service levels and cost for items, and major components.
- Responsible for consignment inventory planning (if required).
- Ownership of metrics, such as on-time delivery, fill rate, inventory on-hand, obsolete inventory for specifics Customers.
- Provide custom weekly/monthly/quarterly progress reports to Customers under the responsibility.
- Provide management on a regular bases actual and projected supply, demand and inventory updates.
- Responsible for measuring and driving continual supply network improvements for customers.
- Work with Logistics Operations to identify opportunities for improvement related to customer satisfaction and cost efficiency
- Participates in inventory planning projects as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics or any other relevant field.
- Professional Certification in Procurement e.g. CIPS, PSPTB or equivalent.
- No less than seven (7) years of relevant experience in Commercial, Supply Chain, Logistics or Procurement in a reputable organisation.
- Experience in the Mining Industry is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking procurement procedures
- Has relevant experience in leading a team.
- Strong attention to detail; and Knowledge of relevant Supply Chain/Procurement regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa