JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Vacancy at HJFMRI-Senior Financial Analyst April 2021
Job Vacancy at HJFMRI-Senior Financial Analyst April 2021 Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T provides care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Songwe, and Ruvuma for VMMC services only. The program also supports TPDF to implement a comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Reports to: Finance Manager
The purpose of the Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) position is to provide senior-level guidance and direction in all phases of financial management services at HJFMRI-TZ. This includes budget preparation, formulation, financial analysis, presentation, and reporting. The Senior Financial Analyst consolidates budget data and provides a viable overview of the financial situation to both the HJFMRI-TZ programs and their partners. SFAs provide financial advice to managers to enhance program planning and effective decisionmaking. Additionally, she/he will seek to implement financial guidelines and processes with respect to the requirements from both the US Government, HJFMRI-TZ, and HJFMRI-HQ.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of monthly the wire forecast exercise through a timely collection of monthly projections from departments, reviewing them, consolidating and sharing with Finance Manager before submitted to Senior Finance Director for review.
- Coordination and implementation of Quarterly Expenditure Analysis through proper extracting of Central expenses and analyze them by location, by expenditure nature, and category
- Coordinate and execute the preparation of the Quarterly Central expenditures financial performance reports/Unit costs
- The Senior Financial Analyst establishes and maintains an annual budgeting calendar that includes the establishment of a yearly program/operational budget and a cycle of budgetary reviews;
- Advises and guides Program and Operational Managers, as well as, HJFMRI partners in budget preparation, submission, and fiscal allocation;
- Reviews and supervises the creation, submission, and collation of budget;
- Coordinate the dissemination of approved budgets throughout the organization and explain issues as requested;
- Coordinate full integration of the role of Senior Financial Analyst within the Finance Team, ensuring synergy between the existing positions and this one;
- Ensure all approved budgets are entered into QuickBooks in a timely manner, and pull reports from the same
Budget and Budget Process Review
- Ensures all proposed Program, Operational, and partners budgets submitted are reviewedin respect to accuracy, completeness and compliance;
- Examines whether budget submissions can be achieved based on known capacity constraints and inform the management of potential problem areas;
- Coordinates the creation and/or proposal enhancements to budget models and tools:
- Supervises the review of all budget templates for calculation errors;
- Ensures and supervises the comparison of budgets to actual at the end of each reporting period and identify areas of significant variance;
- Coordinates with WRP managers and partners to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes;
- Coordinates the summarized budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of fund requests;
- Ensures the creation of consolidated budget versions for management review and approval.
- Supervises the financial analyst to liaise with the Contract and Grants Manager and Outreach Team to establish Partner budgets in an integrated, timely, and cost-effective way.
- Ensures an informed communication of budget efficiency and effectiveness is created and presented to management by creating summarized reports, PowerPoint presentations summarizing results of budget analysis.
Capacity Building and Systems Development
- Works with the appropriate staff in Mbeya and at HQ, to continually develop user-friendly, useful, and insightful financial tools and reports for both internal and external evaluation of program activities;
- Finds ways to enhance the skill sets of WRP staff and partners in all aspects of budgeting and financial management;
- Assist in implementing best practices regarding financial management and budgeting. Coordinates the development and facilitation of training sessions and educational materials designed to increase WPR staff and partner abilities to budget, forecast, track expenses by program areas, and report.
- Contribute to team-wide communications and planning;
- Participate in staff events and meetings;
- Highly ethical and professional
- Undertake other project-based work when requested by the Finance Manager or Sr. staff.
- A bachelor or Master’s degree (strongly preferred) in one of the following areas, including accounting, finance, business, economics, statistics;
- Strong analytic and policy analysis backgrounds that may be obtained through such majors as political science, economics, public administration, or public finance.
- Both quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, courses in statistics or accounting are helpful, regardless
- Budget analysts must abide by strict ethical standards.
- Integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality are all essential when dealing with financial information, and budget analysts must avoid any personal conflicts of interest.
- Mathematical skills and should be able to use software packages, including spreadsheet, database, data-mining, financial analysis, and graphics programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills also are essential, because budget analysts must prepare, present, and defend budget proposals to decisionmakers. In addition, budget analysts must be able to work under strict time constraints.
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the
Human Resources and Administration Manager,
P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya, or sent through
e-mail to [email protected].
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE.
Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is April 28, 2021. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.