Laboratory Technologist II
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Job Vacancies at Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute-Laboratory Technologist II Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute (MOI) is an autonomous institute established through an Act of parliament No 7 of 1996 with the main objective of providing service in the fields of Orthopedics, Traumatology and Neurosurgery. Also to offer training and research on how to provide best services to Tanzanians. The current hospital bed capacity is 340 beds including 64 beds in private rooms (executive rooms), 9 state of the art operating theaters, 32 ICU beds enrolling under Public- private-mix policy.
Muhimbili Orthopaedic institute (MOI) invites applications from suitably qualified and interested Tanzanians to work in the institute in the below positions:
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist II
Reference No. MOI/LT/1210/19
Reports to: Head of Laboratory Unit
Carrying out laboratory examination of samples and recording the results under the supervision of a senior laboratory Technologist and inspecting, storing laboratory reagents, equipments and chemicals used in laboratory tests and examinations.
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in receiving, extracting and recording samples for laboratory examinations;
- Assisting in preparing laboratory equipment and chemicals for laboratory tests and examinations;
- Assisting in inspecting and storing laboratory reagents, equipments and chemicals used in laboratory tests and examinations;
- Assisting in keeping and maintaining laboratory records;
- Assisting in maintaining list of laboratory equipment in the unit;
- Assisting in carrying out laboratory examination of samples and recording the results under the supervision of a senior laboratory Technologist;
- Performing any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her superior.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of a Diploma in Laboratory from any recognized Institution. Must be registered by the Health Laboratory Practitioners Council.
At least 3 years of proven record of successful work experience in Laboratory
Attractive remuneration package will be provided.
Mode of Application:
Application should be submitted in confidence including CVs, 3 referees, and copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and contact telephone numbers.
Applications should reach the Executive Director within 2 weeks from the date of this advertisement through the following address:
The Executive Director,
Muhimbili Orthopedic Institute (MOI),
P.O. Box 65474,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview;
Applicants are warned not to make phone calls, physical or e-mail enquiries other than applying through the hand deliver and postal address provided. Any such breach will result in immediate disqualification.