Safety and Environmental Officer
Cross Community Connect (CCC) is a not-for-profit organization based in Kigoma, Tanzania. It was co-founded in 2008 following the 2008 Jane Goodall’s Global Youth Summit. CCC’s mission is to help support deprived communities gain control of their own lives through improved public health, livelihoods, raised quality of education, environmental and human rights advocacies.
As one of few vibrant Civil Society Organizations (CSO’s), CCC has been sub-contracted by Xiamen Ongoing Construction Co. Ltd with project funding from Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) to actualize HIV Sensitization and Environmental Protection Activities within Karema Port Construction Sites for 16 months.
CCC is seeking for a qualified candidate to fill in a Safety and Environmental Officer position. The project purpose is to respond to social, environmental degradation and occupational safety concerns for Karema Port construction workers and its neighborhoods. Safety and Environmental Officer will be responsible for ensuring supervision and coordination of Environmental protection and HIV sensitization interventions within the Karema Port Construction area and neighborhoods.
CCC expect of Safety and Environmental Officer to largely contribute a significant innovation to our organizational, partnership and a contractor’s best practices to meet an employer’s (TPA) expectations, this job position is suitable for emerging young professionals interested in adding value to their future NGOs job career.
Reports to: the incumbent will directly report to Programme Coordinator based in Kigoma Municipality.
Duty Station: Karema Port Construction Sites and its neighboring communities with some liaising communications and ad hoc visits to local government authorities within Tanganyika District Council Administrative Area, Western Tanzania.
- Providing safety and environmental protection awareness education to site and construction workers within Karema
- Promote and supervise waste management practices in work
- Investigating and documenting accident incidents through incident report forms to identify their causes and find ways to prevent
- Working to prevent injuries for site worker and support provision of appropriate and proper first aid support.
- Assisting a contractor in complying with governmental safety laws for site
- Inspecting workplaces, and minimizing, eliminating and preventing hazardous units such as toxic chemicals, metals and cement
- Supporting health, environmental and social management plan-implementation
- Advising a contractor on how to prevent health problems including using hygienic and sanitary facilities.
- Recommending road signage warning, casting and operational changes to protect workers and users.
- Initiating actions to assure timely resolution of identified hazards or unsafe conditions or
- Supervising site workers to ensure that work area is clean, has and is free of debris and spills immediately.
- Execute other duties as assigned and recommended by a
The Safety and Environmental Officer will prepare incident and monthly reports as appropriately and professionally required.
Safety and Environmental Officer will be required to adhere and exercise professional conduct to the binding terms of project players and terms of his/her job
- A certificate from accredited Tanzania’s college in environmental management, environmental engineering or related field with at least two years of work
- A diploma holder in environmental management or environmental engineering is
- Proficiency in computer application particularly MS Word, Excel and Google
- Very attentive to
- Very task-oriented and a self-starter.
- Exceptional writing and editing
- Ability to communicate in both English and Swahili in oral and written
- Demonstrated flexibility in functioning in rural environments with poor communication and physical infrastructures.
A successful a candidate will be evaluated based on:
Ability to complete the above tasks and provided terms timely
Ability to communicate accomplishments timely as per provisions of job
Exhibiting reliability and professionalism when communicating with a supervisor CCC management team and players.
How to Apply
For the interested candidates, please, submit your Cover Letter alongside with your most recent and Updated CV/Resume to email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org by June 28, 2020 23:59 hours. Thus, late submissions will not be considered.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa