JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Opportunity at US Embassy Dar Es Salaam- GSO Housing Assistant March 2022
Announcement Number: Dar es Salaam-2021-045-RA
Hiring Agency: Embassy Dar Es Salaam
Position Title: GSO Housing Assistant – All Interested Candidates
Open Period: 03/09/2022 – 03/23/2022
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+3
Series/Grade: LE – 0820 7
Salary: Not Specified
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 Hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Duty Location(s): 3 Vacancy in Dar Es Salaam, TZ
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section
• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type Permanent
Appointment Type Details:
• Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Housing Assistant in the General Service Office Section.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: 25% or less
Nature, Level, and Purpose of Contacts
Working contacts with real estate agents, landlord’s agents and landlords to make appointments to visit housing and to set up negotiation meetings, to sit in on meetings and assist in interpreting and explanations of lease clauses and requirements.
Working level contacts with local government authorities. Broad interaction with Embassy personnel at all levels.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Make Ready (40%)
- Manages the preparation of properties between occupants (make-ready) from start to finish and ensures homes are clean, safe, and ready when the occupant arrives.
- Identifies upcoming properties that will undergo a make-ready and notifies Embassy service providers (Facilities, Residential Security, POSHO, Property, etc.) and landlord at least 30 days in advance.
- Reviews properties after pack-out and establishes a make-ready scope of work.
- Sets a make-ready schedule in conjunction with Embassy service providers and landlords and coordinates all make ready activities.
- Monitors progress and anticipates potential delays, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Provides quality control of make-ready repairs through :frequent inspections. Ensures that properties are ready for assigned residents arrive at post.
Maintenance and Repair (40%)
- Resolves all M&R requests in their portfolio within 1 day for emergencies and 1 week for non-emergencies.
- Serves as the primary POC for M&R between the landlord and the Embassy. Submits repair requests to landlord and schedules repairs.
- Coordinates access with residents and landlord’s repair personnel and submits security access requests. Ensures that repairs are completed by the deadline.
- Reviews repairs for quality assurance and helps communicate quality standards to the landlord and their repairmen.
- Keeps customer updated at every step of the process.
- Updates work order application (MyServices) throughout the repair and confirms completion with the customer before closing ticket.
- Monitors the performance of the housing services contractors in their portfolio for residential gardening, pool maintenance cleaning, trash collection and curtain contracts. Submits purchase request for these services at least 1 week in advance of requirement and ensures they are fully approved before authorizing vendor service.
- Communicates with the vendor to secure proforma invoices and inform them of start work orders; confirms services receipt and assists with invoice payments.
- Coordinates with utility companies and suppliers. Resolves utility work within deadlines by coordinating corrective action with FM, landlords, and the utilities company. Drafts and delivers correspondence to utility providers.
- Transfers utility accounts for new leases to the U.S. Embassy. Coordinates the repair of broken meters, leaking mainlines, downed powerlines, or other utility infrastructure. Coordinates inspection, repair, and refueling of residential generators in coordination with the Facilities residential generator technician.
- Responsible from start-to-finish for identifying and leasing new residences and adding them to the housing pool.
- Locates properties for leasing in compliance with Post’s approved housing profile.
- Conducts initial negotiations with potential landlords and recommends prime properties to the Housing GSO.
- Assists in all stages of the formal lease negotiation and provides guidance on local regulations, practices, and conditions.
- Submits needed waivers (lease waiver to the Bureau of Overseas Building Operations (OBO).
- Maintains all lease files and keeps documents up to date.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with landlords and serves and the primary POC between the Embassy and landlord.
- Translates landlord correspondence as needed.
- Recommends to the Housing GSO when to renegotiate or terminate a lease based on market conditions.
- Notifies budget and fiscal office of due dates for lease payments and resolves any payment disputes.
- Tracks land rent payments for any U.S. Government-owned properties, including tracking amounts, due dates, and initiating payment. Serves as POC on any land rent issue with Government of Tanzania.
Special Projects (10%)
- Completes special projects as assigned. Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Three years of progressive experience in property management, leasing, real estate, or facilities maintenance is required.
- Education Requirements:
- 2-year University Studies is required.
LANGUAGE: Good Working Knowledge (speaking/reading/writing) in English is required. Good Working Knowledge (speaking/reading/writing) in Kiswahili is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Class Band D Driver’s license is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
AEFM / USEFM
FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Proof of Citizenship
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- University Degree
- University Transcripts
- Driver’s License
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name).
The deadline for submitting the application is 23 March 2022.