Executive Education Intern
Job Opportunity at UONGOZI Institute – Executive Education Intern 2021 UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
As one of the core departments of the Institute, the Executive Education Department (EED) plays an important role in enhancing the Institute’s philosophy of achieving sustainable development through competent leadership. It develops and delivers training programmes to leaders from all sectors in Tanzania as well as Africa. It evaluates the outcome of these programmes to maintain/improve the quality and ensure relevance. It also provides advisory services to public institutions to help them boost their performance and productivity.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support the coordination of EED activities, reporting directly to the Training Coordinator(s). This role exposes fresh graduates to knowledge and information tools, as well as marketing and administrative tasks. It involves:
- Supporting the organisation of training programmes, workshops, and seminars.
- Participating in Training-Needs Assessments, organised by EED.
- Drafting and dispatching letters to participants of the training programmes, workshops as well as seminars.
- Updating the database of clients from training programmes for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Collecting stories and photos from training events for marketing and publicity.
- Supporting the report writing following a training event.
- Supporting the promotional activities for the Resource Centre, including exhibiting its resources during training events and registering new members.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a three-month contract with the possibility of extension under certain conditions. Some assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Proficiency in MS word, Excel and internet search tools.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply
Join our team by submitting an application via [email protected] with the subject line “Training Intern” by January 12, 2021 at 05:00 PM (EAT). The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promote a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.