Risk and Compliance Officer
Job Opportunity at Uchumi Commercial Bank-Risk and Compliance Officer Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited is a Community bank which has recorded fast growth over the past fifteen years and which provide banking and financial services to Small and Medium size Enterprises (SMEs) in Northern Tanzania.
The bank is seeking a dedicated, self-motivated and highly organized candidates to join Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited in the below posts to achieve and surpass safety and quality objectives to the reward of both the individual and UCBL.
POST : RISK AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER (1 POST)
REPORTING LINE : LEGAL AND ADMNISTRATION MANAGER
LOCATION : UCHUMI COMMERCIAL BANK LIMITED MOSHI
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWINGS:
Functional Area: Risk Management;
- Monitor risk and communicate information to the Management, Board and other stake holders to ensure the continued effectiveness of the Bank’s risk management strategies, policies and procedures
- Ensure that risk factors and events are identified and addressed in a cost-effective manner and in line with business objectives.
- Ensure processes and systems are in alignment with the Bank’s risk appetite and tolerance levels to support business objectives.
- Ensure all risk related policies are reviewed regularly as per BOT guidelines and Board guidelines.
- Assess risks in all the new initiatives, including IT initiative to proactively manage risks.
- Manage risks in collaboration with departments efficiently so that performance goals and objectives are achieved.
- Ensure Compliance with Risk Management Guidelines of the Bank of Tanzania
- Develop a risk management program for various functionaries of the Microfinance and conduct training to ensure that stakeholders understand risk and contribute to the risk management process and to promote a risk-aware culture across the bank.
- Assess the strategic risks in terms offering competitive products and services to enable the bank to retain and improve market share.
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
Functional area: Compliance:
- Developing and implementing the relevant strategies to tackle compliance issues
- Ensuring all aspects of compliance are dealt with in an appropriate manner
- Liaise with senior management on a regular basis reflecting on the compliance aspect of their respective business units and suggest how to reduce compliance risk
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of such violations
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on howto avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts;
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Institute and maintain an effective compliance communication programme for the bank including promoting (a) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (b) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures;
- Work with the Human Resources Department/Legal and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training programme, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers;
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Programme and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the senior staff/ General Manager
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE:
- The holder of this position must have a first degree in Business Administration, Banking & Finance, law, or Risk Management;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of Risk Management and Compliance with a Microfinance/ Financial Institution with at least one years in middle management level;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and high level of interpersonal in writing skills and reporting.
- Good Presentation skills.
- Strategically aware of the business environment.
- Change oriented and adaptable.
- Dynamic and self-starter.
Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited offers competitive salary and remuneration package designed in line with the local market. Entry salary for the above post will depend on experience and skills.
Short listed candidate will be required to meet all costs associated with interview attendance
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Applicant should send a written application including a current CV addressing the above criteria giving full details of previous and current employment, qualifications and referees to General Manager, Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited, P.O. Box 7811 Moshi. Or E-mail: [email protected]
Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited has a strong commitment to moral, confidentiality and safety management. If you are not contacted by Uchumi Commercial bank Limited within Seven days (7) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 February, 2021