Job Opportunity at Tanzania Investment and Consultant Group Ltd – Tax Advisor
Position: Tax Advisor
Job Opportunity at Tanzania Investment and Consultant Group Ltd – Tax Advisor Tax advisories their knowledge of tax legislation to provide advisory and consultancy services to clients, ensuring that they pay their taxes in the most efficient way and benefit from any tax advantages and exemptions.
They need to keep up to date with changing tax laws and explain complicated legislation and its implications to their clients in simple terms.
- Corporate – working for business clients to make sure they aren’t paying any more tax than is necessary
- Personal – providing advice to individual clients, some of whom are private clients with large assets.
TICGL work is detailed and complex, and tax advisor should be quickly develop expert knowledge in areas such as:
- Corporate tax
- International and inheritance tax
- National Insurance
- Personal tax
- Trusts and estates
TICGL Clientsinclude both large and small companies, partnerships, trusts and individuals.
Tax advisor can work in compliance, ensuring a client meets all tax obligations by preparing and submitting tax returns, tax computations and any other necessary forms.
TICGL workof a tax advisory depends on the nature and size of the employer. Larger company tend to adopt a structure that permits greater specialisation, whereas in smaller companies, the work may be more varied.
TICGL typical areas of activity include:
- Researching, analysing and interpreting changing tax legislation in both the Tanzania and overseas
- Meeting with clients and collating information
- working with tax law and revenue provisions
- Preparing and submitting compliance (tax) returns by the deadline
- Providing consultancy services to high value private clients
- Creating tax strategies for clients and planning their financial futures
- Carrying out detailed computations to calculate tax liability and advising on how to minimise a client’s liability
- Establishing and structuring family trusts
- Estate planning and advising on tax residence and domicile matters
- Providing guidance on indirect taxation issues such as VAT, customs planning and environmental taxes
- Producing reports and presentations for clients.
What to expect
- Work is often in a team environment.
- Once qualified, and with several years’ experience, self-employment is possible. Self-employed tax advisers usually deal with individuals, self-employed traders, partnerships and small companies.
- The work involves working to deadlines, which are usually absolute as tax return deadlines are non-negotiable.
- Local travel within a working day is normal for client visits.
Graduates from any discipline can apply for a tax advisor , although the following degree subjects may increase your chances:
- accountancy and finance
You need to have:
- excellent numeracy skills
- a logical and analytical mind
- the ability to interpret and explain complex legislation to non-specialists
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- negotiation skills
- planning and organisation skills
- problem-solving skills
- time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- attention to detail
- a flexible approach to work
- tact and discretion, as most of the work is confidential
- commercial awareness
- a methodical approach to record keeping.
Previous experience in related areas such as accountancy, banking or financial services is useful.
Deadline:– 25-April, 2022.
Send a CV to:-
Senior Economist -TICGL
Deadline:- 25-April, 2022.
Tanzania Investment and Consultant Group Ltd is a consulting firm focused on serving the comprehensive needs of businesses in the full range of the Project Development, Investment and Business Consulting cycle.
We work alongside entrepreneurs to improve their access to capital, enhance their technical skills and knowledge, and strengthen the sustainability of high-quality business development services all of which leads to increases in enterprises, jobs and incomes.
Together with The Economist Review The Economist Review is the TICGL independent Platform committed to improving and analysis of International affairs of the state by engaging on business, political , Economy , Social, Technology and Legal to shape global, and regional agendas.
COMPANY: Tanzania Investment And Consultant Group Ltd
SALARY: — per month Negotiable
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Dar es SalaamPokea Taarifa za Ajira Mpya Kila Siku Kwenye Simu Yako.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa