Position Title: GEOLOGIST (1 POST)
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Job Opportunity at Shanta Mining Company Limited – Geologist The purpose of the role is to effectively monitor and supervise all ore movements to the ROM Pad ensuring that the dumping and Mine Feed blending strategies are adhered to. Monitor the accuracy of truck tally and payload data collected by Pit and ROM spotters ensuring correct data capture and effective reconciliation with the Modular Mining System.
Supervision of the GC drilling operations ensuring that quality samples are safely collected in accordance with the quarterly Drilling Execution Schedule.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
Geologist has the following accountabilities and authorities: Planning and Execution:
- Execute the work planned and scheduled by the Senior Mine Geologist, assigning tasks as required to the Ore Control spotters and GC Drilling technicians – ensuring that shift production requirements are met.
- Ensure clear and timely communication of the shift plan to the shift team.
- Ensure that the Ore Spotter has all required work tools (i.e., updated Ore plan, active two ways radio etc) before he/she is left on the bench at start of shift.
- Ensure sufficient Grade Control Drill Holes are available for at least 2 shifts ahead of the current shift.
- Ensure availability of Grade Control Consumables (e.g. sample bags, marking tapes, rock marking paints, etc) to support at least 1 week’s planned work and monitor their use, ensuring optimal consumption thereof at the drilling and mining sites.
- Ensure the Mine Geology Shift Team works efficiently, and that work is executed to the required quantity and quality
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- BSc in Geology with at least 3 years relevant accumulated experience in mining geology experience on a gold mine.
- Alternatively, Technical Diploma in Geology or Mining with at least 5 years in mapping, modelling and evaluation related experience.
- Ideally have experience in open pit
- Some exposure to mining preferably in a Geology or Geotechnical related field is essential.
- High level of proficiency with mining design and planning software packages.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills written and oral; Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety
- Must have knowledge of: of stakeholders including senior management, technical professionals, and operational personnel at a senior level.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (indicating the Position Title in the subject) to:
HR Director, Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408,
Dar es Salaam
Or via Email to: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 06th February, 2021.