JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Opportunity at Save the Children-Social Worker
Job Opportunity at Save the Children-Social Worker Save the Children has been working in Tanzania for more than 30 years. We are working with the government, local organizations and other international agencies to reduce child malnutrition, improve new-born and maternal health, support and strengthen early childhood development and primary education systems. We strengthen child protection systems for vulnerable children, promote children’s participation and contribution to policy and resource allocation for services which concern them, support, and respond to emergencies.
Our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
The main role of the Zanzibar Representative is to represent Save the Children in Zanzibar under the leadership and direction of the Tanzania Country Director and the Senior Management Team. He/she is also accountable for providing management and oversight of the implementation of all the awards in Zanzibar, support local fundraising and to build on relationships, and strategic partnerships through advocacy for Save the Children’s work and organizational priorities with a wide range of external parties including government representatives, communities, donors, UN, and other humanitarian agencies operating in Zanzibar. The Zanzibar Representative will supervise the Zanzibar team (Unguja and Pemba offices) and manage the financial and other resources of the programme.
Contract Duration: 1 Year
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: Child Protection Officer
Location: Kibondo – Kigoma
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Supervise child protection and PSS activities in CFS ensuring activities are implemented in a timely manner meeting program goals.
- Organise and facilitate Capacity building and supervision of community structures in all their duties within the community
- Assist in the facilitation of parents and community meetings for CPCs and CMCs
- Screen for and monitor protection needs and gaps in and around the CFS and TLS’s.
- Ensure the participation of all groups of children, especially children living with disabilities
- Conducting interviews with children and their families to assess and review their protection concerns
- Undertaking and writing up assessments in collaboration with partner staff which meet specified standards and timescales.
- Conduct outreach and awareness activities to identify and facilitate assistance to vulnerable children persons at village level Ensure case management referral procedures and standards are met and followed.
- Assist facilitators in solving problems arising in CFS and TLS
- Assist facilitators in working with children and develop new creative activities as appropriate
- Facilitate inter-agency referrals for vulnerable children and families and carry out follow ups and provide prompt feed backs on referred cases to responsible agencies
- Establish and maintain a database of children identified, assessed and supported with services within the camp
- Collaborate with other team members in implementation of project activities
- Participate in report writing, developing concept notes and proposal development.
- Conduct any other related activities as deemed necessary by the Child Protection sector that may arise from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Social Sciences or related technical field.
- Knowledge in Child Protection, Child´s rights, Child Friendly Space, programming and mainstreaming
- At least 1-year work experience within a similar context.
- Commitment to and understanding of child rights, Save the Children’s aims, values and principles and humanitarian standards as Sphere Charter and Code of Conduct
- Ability and skills to conduct child friendly interviews and communication skills and child protection needs assessments.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to changing programme priorities and emergency priorities that may arise
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in animating/organizing play activities with children
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Experience in capacity building and in strengthening various duty bearers understanding of and response to child protection through Child friendly spaces.
- Self-awareness and proven ability to operate successfully in different cultural environments
- Ability to manage stress, be flexible and accommodating in difficult and frustrating working circumstance.
- Have undertaken approved Safety and Security Training in accordance with member and Save the Children required minimum standard.
- Understanding of Kirundi language will be an asset
How to Apply.
Please read the full details of the position at https://tanzania.savethechildren.net/careers and apply as instructed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.
Application closing Date: 09th March 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process
Date advertised: 2 Mar 2021
Closing date: 9 Mar 2021 – 23:59 EAT
Location: Kigoma, Tanzania, United Republic of
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contract
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 March 2021