Job Opportunity at RTI International-Administrative Assistant Power Africa East Africa Energy Program is a four-year project working to increase on-grid electricity access, accelerate private sector investment, and improve the enabling environment of the power sector in East Africa. RTI International leads implementation of this Power Africa coordinated program, a U.S. Government-led partnership, funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
RTI International seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant, to be based in Tanzania under the Power Africa East Africa Energy Program .
The Administration Assistant will support the procurement function in overseeing front office activities, travel logistics, general office administration. She/ he will be in charge of the office petty cash and help with facilitating taxi as well as accommodation bookings. She/ he will ensure all administration processes are compliant with RTI International’s logistical and administrative procedures and guidelines as provided for in the EAEP Field Operations Manual- June 2019 version, as well as per the USAID rules and regulations.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Support travel logistics for staff, consultants and other visitors, including visas, airport transfers and lodging bookings.
- Facilitate all transport requests by application of an optimal usage between taxis and vehicle hires.
- Ensure all transport documentation is well filed both electronically and in hard copies. This includes weekly taxi consumption summaries and weekly vehicle work tickets.
- Provide events, workshops and training logistical and administrative support.
- Perform front office duties – receive visitors and manage the reception area.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations in providing support for specific procurement requests.
- Receive and distribute messages from telephone/email as appropriate, taking clear messages and conveying them in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to ensure systems are in place to support administrative functions.
- Maintain accurate and updated subject files both hard and soft filing systems to manage in-coming and out-going correspondences, as well as maintain an updated data base of project contacts.
- Ensure that all the applicable office utilities are provided to staff in a timely manner.
- Maintain and track office and kitchen supplies, ensuring timely re-stocking as applicable.
- Maintain an updated appointment calendar either manually or electronically and on Share Point, as applicable.
- Support coordination of internal and external program meeting needs.
- Provide general office administration support that covers office cleanliness and provision of staff utilities.
- Institute a system for booking meeting rooms, physically confirming meeting room set up and provision of administrative support for such meetings including ensuring signed participants lists are available.
- Support office building repairs and maintenance.
- Submission of timesheets and approved leave forms.
- Petty Cash maintenance by being the custodian of the office petty cash float.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Program Management.
Records management jobs Tanzania
Nafasi za Kazi Business Administration|Business Administration jobs in Tanzania
Banking and Finance jobs in Tanzania
Driving Job Tanzania
Secretary Job Tanzania
Receptionist Job In Tanzania
Hotel job Tanzania
Hotel job Dar es salaamHotel Jobs ZanzibarHotel Jobs Arusha
Teaching Job Tanzania
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in front office management/ general office administration/ logistics/ procurement or an equivalent 3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working for a USAID funded international projects preferred.
- General background, understanding of and experience in front office management, logistics and in providing administrative support preferably with an international organization.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Detailed oriented, attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team and to learn complex procedures.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and take initiative.
- Demonstrated numeric and basic accounting skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
Ethics Notice: No one at RTI may ever demand payment for anything of value in exchange for anything related to the hiring process (including, for example, for applying for, interviewing for, or receiving any offer of employment). If any such request is made, please report this request confidentially to RTI’s Ethics office at [email protected]. Any payment made will disqualify any applicant from future employment at RTI. Please only use the [email protected] email address to report ethics concerns; any job applications sent to this email address will not be processed.
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between offices and laboratories; frequently conducting laboratory site inspections (if applicable), ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines, ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require, consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY