Job Opportunity at NHIF-Assistant Quality Assurance Officer The National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a Social Health Insurance Institution established under the National Health Insurance Act, Cap 395 with the main objective of ensuring accessibility of health care services to people. It is a Government entity that operates under the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MHCDGEC). The management of the Fund is vested to the Board of Directors while its day to day operations are overseen by the Director General. The Fund considers health insurance as a societal affair rather than an individual need and thus operates under the principles of risk sharing and solidarity among members.
Despite the compulsory enrollment arrangement to public servants, the Fund has expanded its coverage to include other groups like Councilors, private companies, education institutions, private individuals, children under the age of 18, farmers in cooperatives as well as organized registered groups like Machinga and Bodaboda groups. The Fund is also administering the Bunge Health Insurance Scheme and covers Members of the Zanzibar House of Representatives.
ISO 9001:2015 Certification
The National Health Insurance Fund is ISO 9001:2015 Certified since 2018 to embrace the benefits of a Quality Management System that significantly increases efficiency and reduces wastes as well as maximizing customer satisfaction.
POST: ASSISTANT QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER III – 1 POST
POST CATEGORY(S) HEALTHCARE AND PHARMACEUTICAL
EMPLOYER Mfuko wa Taifa wa Bima ya Afya (NHIF)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-01-20 2021-02-03
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To conduct inspection and supportive supervisions of health facilities.
- To deal with verification and checking of prescriptions;
- To make researches or market surveys with a view to establishing the actual costs for services, medicines, pharmaceutical items and other medical consumables;
- iv.To initiate accreditation processes for health facilities;
- To assist in addressing issues related to management of clinical cases or quality aspects;
- To ensure that the National and Professional Standard Treatment Guidelines and the Fund’s policies, regulations, procedures and standards are adhered to by services providers; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced Diploma either in Clinical Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing or equivalent qualifications coupled with a minimum period of three (3) years of relevant work experience in related field after acquiring such qualifications. Practicing License from relevant Professional Board is essential.
REMUNERATION NHIF SCALE
The deadline for submitting the application is 03 February, 2021
CLICK HERE TO APPLY