JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Opportunity at MDH-Health Manager April 2021
Job Opportunity at MDH-Health Manager April 2021 Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
Position Title: Health Manager – 1 post
Project: Data for Health (D4H)
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Principal Investigator
The mHealth Manager will support the maintenance and expansion of the mHealth applications in Tanzania including: Wazazi Nipendeni, FASTA TZ, PEDAIDS and Tambua TB. The mHealth Manager will serve as program lead for all SMS, USSD and voice-based projects of the mHealth and will be responsible for the daily management and administration of mHealth program activities including program planning, support, oversight and reporting. He/She will be responsible to engage technical system development subcontractor to ensure timely deliverables as per workplan. He/She will work with the clinical implementing partners (IPs) to assure application functionality supports the clinical needs. The mHealth manager will interact with the Government of Tanzania (GoT) and Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoH) including the National Aids Control Program (NACP) officials and other stakeholders to ensure the mHealth program feasibility and sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the relationship GoT officials including obtaining their endorsement of mHealth activities.
- Perform integration activities across different phases of the mHealth projects and sub-projects.
- Assist in executing work plans, performance management plans, and budgets.
- Conduct day-to-day management of mHealth applications including coordination of stakeholders, liaising with GoT/MoH departments, mobile network operators (MNO) and building healthy relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Assist in the development and management of scopes of work for vendor agreements related to mHealth program activities.
- Oversee testing and piloting activities for the development of new services and expansion of other mHealth services (e.g. SMS, USSD, voice services, etc.).
- Liaise with GoT/MoH and oversee new mHealth project content development and technology expansion.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the MoH and other content expert partners on content development as required for the expansion of the mHealth services.
- Oversee activities between the programming teams, information communication technology (ICT) teams, and medical/health content experts on technical and business analysis activities.
- Oversee the process and facilitation of mHealth application design to meet functional and technical requirements of the mHealth project and the GoT/MoH.
- Serve as liaison with partners and oversee the completion of partners’ deliverables and activities related to specific program activities, design, development, testing and documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution, in Public Health, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in a mHealth or related field.
- Proven excellence in organizational, analytical, diplomatic, oral, and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to identify issues and opportunities, provide solutions and reach consensus with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Exhibited strong knowledge in systems development life cycle activities and the management of ICT project.
- Demonstrated ability to complete assignments independently, efficiently, on schedule, and with a high level of quality and customer service.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work independently and on a team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in creating graphical depictions of business processes and other IT information such as activity diagrams, process flows, system context diagrams, sequence diagrams, use case diagrams or wire frames.
- Familiarity with mobile phone applications, enterprise architecture and eHealth strategies are desirable.
- Familiarity with the principles of information systems such as security, backups, networks, servers, and load management.Demonstrated excellent analytic and quantitative skills.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability and attention to detail.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili.
Preferred Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Certification by an international recognized project management certification agency.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in the Tanzania public health sector.
- A background in public health technology implementation.
- Experience managing and analysing health or population-based data.
- Knowledge and experience working with HIV-related health data.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 19th April 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected]. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates