JIUNGE NA MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BOFYA HAPA
Job Opportunity at Japan Tobacco International (JTI) / TCC – Agronomy Technician Trainee 2022
Job Opportunity at Japan Tobacco International (JTI) / TCC – Agronomy Technician Trainee 2022 The Tanzania Cigarette Public Limited Company (TCC Plc), a member of the JT group of companies, boasts a proud history that reflects the way the country itself has reshaped over the past half a century.
Agronomy Technician Trainee
Title: Agronomy Technician Trainee
Job ID: 82523
Professional area: Agronomy
Contract type: Apprenticeship
Professional level: Graduates
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why 87% of employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, eight years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Agronomy Technician Trainee
What this position is about – Purpose:
The purpose of the position is to build relationships and provide extension services to all JTI contracted growers to deliver on the target crop and sustainability commitments in line with the annual strategic plans. The role will require the incumbent to conduct regular farmer visits and training to ensure MAS implementation, deliver on efficiency improvements, and provide accurate volume, crop, and quality projections.
The position is also responsible to ensure the implementation of the agroforestry/barn initiatives as per plan. Ensure accurate data collection for System uploading and providing weekly and monthly written reports on all farmers.
Agronomy Technician is to form a good working relationship with Growers and Primary Society leadership while facilitating all market preparations, bailing center operations, and tobacco movements (Farm gate to PS and PS to Central Market). The position is responsible for the upkeep/safety and servicing of company motorbikes, laptops, GPS tools, and any other company property and the reinforcement of the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures in line with both local and Global EHS standards.
What will you do – Responsibilities:
Grower contracting: Establish the required grower base within the allocated growing area to meet JTI contracting volume and quality needs. All contracting should comply with JTI’s minimum agronomic standards with a focus on barn infrastructure, grower woodlots, available space, crop rotations, and other critical elements. All contracted growers are to implement and be monitored on JTI Minimum Agricultural and Forestry Standards (MAS/MFS).
Grower visitations: Visit each contracted grower a minimum of once in each 4 4-week crop cycle, whichever is the greater. The Agronomy Technician will provide extension services that will monitor crop production from contracting through to marketing. These services will include training, monitoring, progress reporting, geotagging, barn program monitoring, afforestation monitoring, NTRM monitoring, and other services as required from time to time.
1. Barn program:
– Support and tor implementation of the JTI Barn furnace upgrade program.
– Deliver the required barn upgrades (25%) for the targeted production area and contracted growers
– Sign off on quality and completion of all barns with TBI (JTI implementation partner)
2. PS, Grower, and JTI Woodlots:
– Initiate and monitor PS, Grower, and JTI woodlot establishment throughout the lifecycle
– Responsible for grower woodlot establishment, monitoring, reporting, and audit
– Support JTI Agroforestry coordinators in monitoring PS and JTI LS woodlot establishments.
Employee Health and Safety, assets, and security:
EHS: Understand the Health and Safety risks and follow all operational controls to prevent incidents, actively participate in health and Safety training programs, understand legal and JTI EHS requirements associated with their work and comply with all rules and demonstrate safe behavior and actively report ideas for improvement and report unsafe conditions. Company assets and security: Maintain and monitor the Company Allocated assets to manufacturer specification or best practices while ensuring the safe use and overall security of all allocated assets (Motorcycle, safety equipment, mobile phones, GPS units, computers, etc.).
Agriculture labor practice:
Monitor and manage ALP observations, reporting and follow-up. Initiate Best Practices sharing across your designated grower base to support the:
– Monitoring, reporting, and elimination of child labor in the designated growing area
– Monitoring, reporting and eliminating of non-compliant Agricultural Labor Practices (ALP)
– Support ARISE initiatives launched in your designated area.
1. Agronomy supervisor: support rt the Agronomy PS-related or in the execution of PS-related activities
2. Agronomy technical: Support execution and roll-out of PS / AT / AS training
3. Agronomy P&A: Support and provide accurate and timely visitation and other reporting
4. Other functional support and reporting as required (i.e. Fleet, administration, EHS).
Whom are we looking for – Requirements:
- Degree/ Diploma/ in Agriculture, Extension Services
- Computer: Basic Internet and Excel Knowledge
- Languages: English (Speak, Read, Write), local languages (Speak, Read)
What are the next steps in the Recruitment process:
Thank you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.