JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Opportunity at Geita Gold International School- Head Teacher July 2021
ABOUT GEITA GOLD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (GGIS)
Job Opportunity at Geita Gold International School- Head Teacher July 2021 Geita Gold International School (GGIS) is owned and maintained by Geita Gold Mining Ltd, located at Geita Region within the mine license area. The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and affiliated to Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA) and Tanzania International Schools Association (TISA). The school docs the International Schools Assessment (ISA) and International Benchmarking Tests (IBT) yearly for the upper primary section. The school uses the International Primary Curriculum, which is a one of the best International recognized curriculum for primary education. The school is unique but a highly effective small school consisting of only 34 children where more than half of the attending children are Tanzanians and three quarter of teaching staff consists of Tanzanian teachers. The primary oojective of establishing the school at the mine was to motivate and retain scarce and critical employees by having their families close to the mine site and to provide quality primary education for their children. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position : Head Teacher
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: HSE& Training
Reporting to: Senior Manager-HSE & Training
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide effective, dynamic, and inspirational leadership in order to maintain the quality of teaching at Geita Gold International School to enable every child to fulfil his/her potential. The role Incumbent is accountable to lead and manage the school, ensuring the achievement of excellent educational standards as wel as promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
An Education degree Holder / Advanced Diploma or equivalent to the related field of education e.g. Psychology.
- Experience as Head Teacher or equivalent post in the International curriculum school for at least two years
- Experience in AISA or at least previously significantly exposed to the AISA system school.
- Management Training/ MBA in Management will be an added advantage.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL MANAGEMENT
- Demonstrate world class leadership and management effectiveness of an international school.
- Oversee implementation of Teaching and Learning Policy in place to adhere to the school purpose, vision, and values.
- Maintain Council of International Schools (CIS) Accreditation by adhering to required guidelines and standards.
- Have oversight of the curriculum, pastoral care and administration of the school all of which should be appropriate to the pupils’ experience, interests and aptitudes.
- Embed International Primary Curriculum (IPD) and concept of ‘internationalism’ in learning and encourage new developments in the curriculum in the context of local, national and international initiatives.
- Develop and encourage good relations with and maintain affiliation with CIS, AISA, FIELDWORK, ACER, TISA and TAIS to ensure school retains membership and up to date with said organizations for quality assurance purposes.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT, SAFETY AND PROTECTION
- Advocate Child Safety and Protection by ensuring teachers and support staff are adequately vetted via company background check procedures.
- Promote and safeguard the general welfare of children.
- Ensure that there is an effective assessment, recording and reporting system of pupils’ progress.
- Promote a culture of encouragement, support and challenge in order to achieve each child’s full potential and the highest possible educational standards.
- Maintain proper communication with children parents / guardians in safeguarding the interests of the children, including emails, letters, parents’ meetings, etc.
- Report regularly to School Advisory Committee (SAC) regarding student progress in Teaching and Learning.
MONITORING & QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Ensure that a system for monitoring and developing the quality assurance of teaching and learning is in place.
- Plan, manage and monitor the curriculum within the agreec budget, setting appropriate priorities for expenditure allocating funds and ensuring effective administration control. Includes providing a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- Collate and review of schemes of work.
- Ensure quality assurance for report writing across the whole school (Nursery to Year 6).
- Ensure the achievement of mandatory requirements for the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and relevant international educational standards are met.
- Create and maintain the School Calendar, Duty Rosters and class / events timetables.
- Ensure effective management and maintenance of the school website.
Insurance Job | Ajira za Insurance Tanzania
procurements and supply Jobs in Tanzania
Records management jobs Tanzania
Human Resource Job in Tanzania
Nafasi za Kazi Business Administration|Business Administration jobs in Tanzania
Banking and Finance jobs in Tanzania
GENERAL SCHOOL MANAGEMENT
- Develop and encourage good relations between the school and the local community, including International Schools within Tanzania and surrounding countries.
- Ensure recruitment of right personnel as teaching and support staff, in liaisons with the Human Resources Department.
- Create and maintain good working relationships amongst all members of the school community.
- Promote the school’s ethos in which the highest standards are expected from all members of the school community.
- Act as a Leader of Professional Development and Learning programme.
- providing an effective Professional Development Learning programme that enables teacher improvement aimed at improving student learning outcomes.
- Undertake Performance Effectiveness Reviews (PER) for the teaching staff and support staff (both online and paper-based reviews
- Construct and manage the school budget in line with respective budget approval processes of the company.
- Coordinate School Infrastructure maintenance (buildings, playgrounds, furniture, etc.) through liaisons with infrastructure maintenance department
- Proven international school management Capability
- Computer Literate (Outlook, Internet. MS Office- Word. Excel. PowerPoint)
- Excellent Communicat on Skills (both written & verbal) in English Language – preferably English as the first language.
- Excellent Organizational and Project management skills
- Analysis & Problem-Solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to manager conflict in a constructive manner
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others and build relationships.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Head Teacher”
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates may also apply through our jobs email at jobs.geita@AngloGoldAshanti.com. Email subject should also be “Head Teacher”
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by ArgloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 23rd July 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. ?
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML and GGIS do not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchan
ge for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 0140 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing 24cthonesty :qethics-|ine.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
JIUNGE GROUP LETU LA TELEGRAM. BONYEZA HAPA