Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Arusha, Arusha, Tanzania
Job Opportunity at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts-Executive Chef Manage all aspects of Lodge Kitchens; plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees responsible for preparation of all foods for guests and employees; oversee the kitchen cleanliness with Stewarding and kitchen maintenance with Engineering.
This is a single assignment as the Serengeti is a remote location and not suitable for families. Will have R&R leave every 3 months which allows to travel home. Must have worked abroad in a remote location before and have 3-5 years management experience in the luxury hotel industry. We will not be able to consider those without luxury hospitality experience.
Unfortunately due to Tanzanian Work Permit restrictions we can not consider applicants from the following countries ; Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Chad, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria, Pakistan, Kazakhstan Republic, Kyigten Republic, Lebanon, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Palestine, Senegal, Iraq, Iran, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Somali land, Sierra Leone, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Syria, Yemen and Stateless persons or persons with refugee status.
- Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers in the Kitchen & Stewarding departments through effective management and leadership to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
- Development of Key team players in Kitchen to help them grow careers and make them suitable for promotion and transfers, both locally and internationally.
- Planning and development of new menus for the Lodge (A La Carte / Banquets and Buffets); ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration. Ensure recipes, consistent cooking methods and pick up charts are in place to maintain consistency of food quality and presentation.
- Allergy training with Service and Kitchen team members to ensure a thorough level and understanding of guests’ dietary needs and requirements.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions and inventory control.
- Budget and Forecast preparation. Thorough knowledge of F&B Expenses and Food Cost in order to control expenses while maintaining high levels of quality.
- Set up control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency and the ability to create proper purchasing specifications as well as monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
- Regular training of chef brigade on cleaning and sanitizing as they go; and stewarding team on proper kitchen / stores cleaning and area upkeep.
- Vendor Management and Relations. Working with Purchasing Mmgt team to review vendor relations / new product opportunities that can be found and sourced for The Lodge
- Develop a Farm to Table Concept with local producers and establish relations with local farmers to be able to source as many community sustaining products as possible.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Impact.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors. Actively support the Safety Committee and the Green Committee. Review waste management with Stewarding and Cafeteria teams.
Education: College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required
Experience: Two to five years previous experience in multiple culinary/food & beverage department head level specializing in pastry design and creation.
Skills and Abilities: Requires a working technical knowledge of Division as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
Requires the ability to operate Computer Equipment and other Food & Beverage Computer systems.
Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools.
Requires Reading, Writing and oral proficiency in the English language
CLICK HERE TO APPLY