Job Vacancy at Aga Khan Madrasa Early Childhood Programme – Project Officer April 2022
Aga Khan – Madrasa Early Childhood Programme
Aga Khan Foundation
Job Vacancy at Aga Khan Madrasa Early Childhood Programme – Project Officer April 2022 Madrasa Early Childhood Programme -Zanzibar (MECP-Z) is an affiliate of The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF). For 30 years MECP-Z has been implementing Early Childhood Development (ECD) programmes in Zanzibar and in 2014 started to deliver its programming in mainland Tanzania.
Currently MECP-Z is implementing Community Based Inclusive Development (CBID) project in Zanzibar aimed at airing the voices of people with disability and to show everyone that disability is not inability. The project is delivered in partnership with Department of Disability Affairs (DDA) and Shirikisho la Jumuiya za Watu Wenye Ulemavu Zanzibar (SHIJUWAZA) under the support of Norwegian Association of Disabled (NAD).
MECP-Z is looking for one committed and qualified professional to fill the position of Project Officer – Inclusive Education and Integrated Early Childhood Development for a duration of two and half years
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work as a Liaison officer between SHIJUWAZA and MECP-Z in the project.
- Liaise closely with NAD Regional IE Adviser (Kampala), and with NAD Oslo when required, while keeping MECP-Z and other actors informed.
- Liaise with key CBID actors on the CBID capacity development of key government structures, which includes IE and ECD elements, when requested.
- Verify/Monitor the work undertaken by the partners and service providers and reporting.
- Promote gender mainstreaming and inclusiveness within the project.
- Identify local challenges and risks that may affect the project and propose mitigation options.
- Ensure a harmonious relationship between the project, the communities, the government and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate smooth working conditions for external technical advisers on both IE components
Component 1: DPO Capacity Building on IE:
- Coordinate and lead facilitator of the capacity building of Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) on IE, responsible for ensuring implementation of both national and district level activities.
- Coordinate the development of work plan and budget, request funds for activities and timely retirement of implemented activities
- Ensure the selection, capacity building and maintenance of a strong team of DPOs trainers at national and district levels.
- Ensure the development of a sound IE documentation and monitoring system within SHIJUWAZA
- Inform the project coordinator with reports which cover activities accomplished, targets reached, and ongoing monitoring information.
- Identify potential success stories and learnings from the field.
Component 2: Teacher Training on IE:
- In collaboration with Inclusive Education and Life Skills Unit, SUZA and other actors involved in this component, coordinate the development of work plan and budget, request funds for activities and timely retirement of implemented activities.
- Ensure sound monitoring of IE teacher training activities, outputs and outcomes, and report to project management. Identify potential success stories and learnings from the field.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- At least Degree in Education, Masters is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and/or experience working rights based with civil society organizations.
- Experience working as a facilitator of participatory learning and active grassroots engagement.
- Experience coordinating collaboration between several actors.
- Possesses social organization skills and experience in Educational chains.
- At least 2 years of successful work with results-based project management.
- Good Command of English and Kiswahili.
- Strong in computer skills (Ms. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills in speaking and writing both English and Kiswahili.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages), the names and contact information of three referees
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women and People with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
MECP-Z is an equal opportunity employer
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years. It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 April 2022.Ajira Mpya Kila Siku Kwenye Simu Yako.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa