JIUNGE NA MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BOFYA HAPA
Job Opportunities at University of Dar es Salaam – Procurement Specialist April 2022
Job Opportunities at University of Dar es Salaam – Procurement Specialist April 2022 The University of Dar es Salaam through the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Higher Education for Economic Transformation (HEET) Project. Loan No. / Credit No. / Grant No. 166415 and intends to apply part of the proceeds for hiring a Procurement Specialist.
INVITATION TO APPLY
The University of Dar es Salaam now invites eligible candidates to apply for the job. Interested candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience for the job.
JOB TITLE: PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (1 POST)
OFFICER REPORTING TO
The procurement specialist will be reporting to the Project Coordinator through the Deputy Coordinator.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The evaluation criteria are:
- At least Bachelor degree from recognized university in Procurement, Law, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Commerce or related field and must be registered as a Certified Procurement and Supplies Professional;
- At least five years post-graduate experience in public procurement, with emphasis on donor and/or government funded projects;
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of World Bank’s Procurement Regulations and procedures; knowledge in use of the Bank’s system for Systematic Tracking of Exchanges in Procurement (STEP) will be an added advantage;
- Experience in World Bank/ African Development Bank or any other international procurement procedures will be an added advantage; and
- Experience of using internet based applications and demonstrated computer skills especially using and working with Microsoft office applications including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power point and other related applications.
- The evaluation will also examine presence of the following qualities:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize complex concepts and to communicate them effectively;
- Good communication and social skills; demonstrated initiatives, synthesis ability, personal dynamism and being self-motivated;
- Fluency in spoken English and ability to write lucid reports and documents in English; working knowledge of Kiswahili is desirable; iv. Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, culturally diverse environment; and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently, or under minimum supervision.
- The Procurement Specialist will be required to deliver the following outputs:
- Quality assurance of procurement deliverables as per University of Dar es Salaam’s requirements; ii. Timely periodic reporting to the management on procurement status;
- Timely and accurate preparation of annual and periodic procurement plans;
- Procurement audits reflecting effective compliance of processes and procedures;
- Quality procurement documents as reflected by the World Bank feedback on Terms of Reference, EoIs, RFPs, bid/proposal evaluation criteria, and draft bid documents;
- Successful and timely completion of procurements; and
- Full records of all procurements from tender documents to contract management projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide guidance, technical oversight and professional procurement advice to the project team on matters related to procurement activities;
- Provide guidance and support in the preparation of realistic and up-to-date procurement plans which are in harmony with the approved work plans and budget;
- Provide guidance and support in ensuring timely initiation of procurement processes;
- Prepare draft bidding documents/Request for Proposal/prequalification documents on the basis of the Bank’s Standard Bidding Documents (SBD) and Standard Request for Proposals (SRFP), and the Borrower’s Standard Documents, where applicable, for National Competitive Procurement (NCP);
- Receive, secure and open bids/proposals immediately after the deadline for submission in accordance with the procedures and requirements of the bidding documents (BD) and RFPs. During the bidding period, the Procurement Specialist shall respond to procurement questions from bidders and issue amendments to the procurement documents in accordance with relevant clauses of the BD and RFP in consultation with technical staff;
- Assist and facilitate evaluation of bids/proposals and ensure that evaluation reports are completed and processed for clearance from the UDSM Tender Board and the World Bank at all stages including negotiation and award processes in accordance with the relevant applicable guidelines and procedures;
- Provide assistance to project team in producing all necessary reports that require procurement input for submission to the UDSM Tender Board and the World Bank; viii. Establish/improve on and maintain, during the engagement period, a comprehensive procurement filing system for all the procurement and contract management documents consisting of physical and electronic files and logs as per contract;
- Provide technical support in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual procurement progress reports as shall be required and ensure issues identified during the reporting period and actions taken to resolve them are clearly narrated;
- Prepare all procurement documents including tender documents and contracts, incorporate comments provided for improvement and assist Project team to review the documents prepared by consultants for approval by the UDSM Tender Board and the World Bank;
- Initiate payment after completion of delivery and verification;
- Work closely with UDSM Procurement Management Unit and Tender Board to ensure both the World Bank and national procurement regulations are observed;
- Provide all documents required for audit process, provide responses to audit queries and ensure implementation of audit recommendations in relation to HEET Project’s procurement processes and contract management; xiv. Arrange training for Evaluation Committee and technical users on procurement prior to initiation of procurement process;
- Ensure the confidentiality of the procurement process and related procurement documents; and
- Carry out any additional task(s) assigned by superiors to achieve the objectives of the assignment.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
Salary: Annual gross salary of USD $ 36,000. Payment will be made on monthly basis upon certification by the Deputy Coordinator based on satisfactory performance of required responsibilities.
TERMS OF SERVICE
One year contract and may be extended based on satisfactory performance.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Signed application letter.
- Detailed CV which includes names and addresses of two referees.
- Copies of relevant academic certificates, transcripts and professional certificates.
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Preferred mode of communication, e.g. telephone, fax, email.
Applications shall be submitted to the:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration)
Mwalimu J.K. Nyerere Mlimani Campus
University of Dar es Salaam
P O. Box 35091,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 2410 394
Fax: +255 22 240718
The attention of interested applicant is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations November 2020 (Fourth Edition), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. Applicant should have no conflict of interest as per Bank’s procurement regulations and his/her name will be checked against Bank’s sanction or debarment list prior to signing of contract.
Applications bearing the evidence of having been posted before the deadline may be accepted if received within the processing time.
The deadline for submitting the application is 05 May 2022.