JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Opportunities at Medical Teams International Tanzania – Pharmaceutical Technician
Pharmaceutical Technician (1)
Job Opportunities at Medical Teams International Tanzania – Pharmaceutical Technician Pharmaceutical Technician (1) Medical Teams International Tanzania
Reports to Pharmacist Technical: NA
Location Medical Teams – Nduta Refugee Camp
Work Days & Hours Monday-Sunday, 40-45 hours/week as per duty roster. May include weekends, night shifts and public holidays
Supervises Direct: Assistant Pharmaceutical Technician Technical: NA
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
To provide an accurate, timely, and qualitative dispensing service of drugs according to medical prescriptions and Medical Teams International’s protocols, standards, and procedures in order to improve the patient’s health conditions.
- Dispenses medication to patients according to medical prescription, ensuring the medication is labeled with the correct drug name, strength, quantity, expiry date, directions for use and additional required information and providing clear instructions and advice on how to take the drug, when, how long, how to store, possible side-effects and any other relevant warnings. Making sure the patient understands in order to ensure correct treatment.
- Adhering to Medical Teams International’s practice policies and procedures for dispensing medicines, in particular those relating to controlled drugs and ensuring respect of confidentiality in dispensing
- Placing accurate and timely orders with the central stock, maintaining minimum stock levels of medicines, checking expiry dates and storage conditions and ensuring no medicines or material are taken out of the dispensary without authorization.
- Maintaining accurate dispensing records and regularly reporting them to his/her technical reference. Ensuring returned and out-of-date medication is safely removed to a well designated quarantine zone for unwanted pharmaceuticals, separated from the normal stock.
- Organizing and keeping clean the dispensing area, ensuring cleanliness and care in handling medicines to avoid contamination and mix-up. Maintaining dispensary equipment, ensuring it is clean, accurate and in a good state of repair.
- Maintaining the integrity and security of the dispensary by admitting only authorized personnel and ensuring that all medicines are stored as appropriate. Reporting immediately to the technical reference on any problem arising in the service (especially loss, robbery, quality problems with medicines (abnormal changes in colour, consistency, and odour) damage of medical equipment or medicines).
- Carrying out Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE) and interacting with patient using a patient-based approach to accompany chronic disease (HIV, TB, etc.) patients along their visits. Receiving patients, informing about treatment and adherence, giving appointment for the next drug delivery. Informing the medical doctor in case of lack of adherence and identifying the reasons and finding solutions to improve adherence.
- Understanding, recording and informing on any complaint received from patients related to medicine use or side effects.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science is required
- Enlisted with Pharmacy Council of Tanzania
- Valid practicing license is required.
- Additional qualifications in Inventory Management are an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role is required.
- Experience working with an international NGO is an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of good dispensing practices and inventory management
- Skilled in developing and conducting trainings.
- Good communication skills, with good command of written and spoken English.
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and stand
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of patient information and test results.
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires work at health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: email@example.com
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Pharmaceutica Technician
Application Deadline: 8th of August 2022 at 1700HRS.
Beware that Medical Teams does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing application, or any other fee). Medical Teams does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked of any payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org