Uncover hidden opportunities to make a global impact. Off Grid Electric, through its consumer brand Zola, is a growth-stage startup that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa over the next couple of years with clean, affordable solar energy. At the heart of our business is innovative solutions that delight our customers. We are looking for a HEALTH, SAFETY, AND ENVIRONMENTAL (HSE) SPECIALIST to join our team in Arusha, Tanzania, and support our growth strategy in Africa, changing the lives of millions with our innovative products.
Today, OffGrid Electric powers more than 100,000 homes and businesses across Tanzania, Rwanda, Ghana, Nigeria and Cote d’Ivoire. Zola Electric’s investors include: SolarCity, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, The Packard Foundation, Helios Investment Partners, and responsibility. Zola Electric is the recipient of the 2016 UN Momentum for Change Award, Zayed Future Energy Prize, and the 2015 Global Cleantech 100. For more information, visit this link….
Position: HEALTH, SAFETY, AND ENVIRONMENTAL (HSE) SPECIALIST
To ensure effective implementation of Quality Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures across the business.
The Health Safety and Environmental Specialist is expected to:
● Conduct regular QHSE audits at the Project site and ensures actions from QHSE audits are closed in a timely and effective manner;
● Liaise with a certification body for external audits and ensure the findings of external audits are closed in a timely and effective manner
● Collate HSE statistics for monthly reporting
● Maintains all AIP QHSE documentation e.g. QMS procedures, service manual, BOP’s, calibration records
● Ensure adherence to ZOLA’s Best Operating Practices in warehouses and regional service centers
● Assist and deliver QHSE training to all ZOLA staff
● Ensure compliance to local legislative requirements
● Provide QHSE induction to new starters and existing employees
● Conduct Risk assessments
● Conduct accident/incident investigations
● Liaise with warehouse, service centers and offices for QHSE issues
● Any other duties considered essential for the effective running of operational and QHSE services
● Identifying and implementing improvements on an ongoing basis in conjunction with Zola QHSE
● Zola places a strong emphasis on health, operational safety and environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Zola Health, Safety & Environmental policies, operating procedures, and compliance to local legislation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will most likely have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
● Previous QHSE experience with an international organisation
● NEBOSH International General Certificate
● Audit Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields such as Science, Safety Management or relevant field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Managerial and Technical Competencies:
● People management skills
● Problem-solving and analyzing
● Planning and organizing
● Attention to detail
● Good oral & written communication skills in English.
● Communication – Recognizing that clear communication is the key to understanding
● Leading other – Providing clarity and direction
● Drive for Results – compete against standards for continuous improvement
● Proven experience as a safety specialist at 4 years
● Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
● Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
● Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
● Excellent organizational and motivational skills
● Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
● Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
● Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
WORKING CONDITIONS OFFICE BOUND/ON-SITE/TRAVEL
● Willingness to work in flexible hours as per the business demands, including late nights, weekends, and holidays
● Able to travel across the country.
The role will be based in Arusha – Tanzania
MODE OF APPLICATION / DEADLINE
The deadline for submission for this position is 14th July, 2020 at 1800 hours.
Are you interested?
Please send your applications through E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for on the subject line.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
OffGrid Electric Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pokea Taarifa za Ajira Mpya Kila Siku Kwenye Simu Yako.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa