Silverleaf Academy is looking for a Director of Education to implement, design, manage and grow Silverleaf’s educational programming in Tanzania. The Director of Education will work with, and report directly to, our CEO, and will be the primary responsible party for refining and implementing our pedagogical model.
The Director of Education will ensure all aspects of the company’s education model are fully developed, implemented, and evaluated. Ensuring our schools run smoothly and designing and implementing capacity building administrative and teaching capacity in our education staff are key day to day responsibilities of this position.
The Director of Education ensures that our schools’ performance is systematically captured and regularly reviewed. The DOE is responsible for teacher recruitment and development and for nurturing and supporting school leadership. This position provides an unrivalled leadership opportunity to shape the educational delivery of a rapidly expanding school chain, whilst delivering real impact for young Tanzanian students.
As a foundational member of a small central team, this position contributes to all areas of effective implementation including giving necessary input into the areas of non-academic school operations and finance.
The Silverleaf pedagogy is very child-centred and therefore combines a range of world-class, proven techniques that form the Silverleaf Educational model. This position will ensure the delivery of this design and in continuing to develop the educational components of the model as further learnings emerge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on recruitment, supervision and CPD of Silverleaf academic staff
- Lead on management of all academic elements of Silverleaf schools
- Oversee implementation of educational policies and procedures related to curriculum, staff monitoring, student assessment, and overall delivery of the Silverleaf Education Model
- Quality control of curriculum implementation and educational program delivery
- Development of educational resources and tools for delivery of the educational model and ensure full implementation within classes
- Oversee technology implementation and management within schools
- Managing and developing educational Partnerships with teacher ajira training colleges, other NGO’s and educational support companies.
- Participate in Senior Management team meetings and decision-making.
- Be a role model to all Silverleaf Academy central and school-based staff at all times.
- Participate in all elements of Silverleaf’s business and operations.
How to apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis – send CV and cover letter to Kerri@silverleaf.co.tz and Sean@silverleaf.co.tz
Closing date 1 May 2020