JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Accountant Job at Ministry of Health (MOH) December 2023
Accountant Job at Ministry of Health (MOH) December 2023 The Ministry of Health (MOH) through Global Fund (GF) Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under a three years (1st January, 2024 to 31st December, 2026) contractual agreement to fill the following 123 vacant positions:
NATIONAL MALARIA CONTROL PROGRAM (NMCP)
Job Title: Accountant (1 Position)
Reporting To: Program Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure all financial procedures used for the management of NMCP funds adhere to the procedures outlined.
- To develop and maintain a clearly defined accounting and finance organizational structure with documented roles and responsibilities and sufficient segregation of duties, including for implementing the Global Fund grant
- To maintain adequate policies and procedures in place to guide activities and ensure staff accountability.
- To ensure that budgeting procedures including review and updating of budgets are robust.
- To coordinate preparation of Quarterly & Annual Financial reports to be submitted to Global fund as per Performance agreement.
- To maintain budget system which ensures no duplication of costs and appropriate cost sharing arrangements
- To ensure availability of sufficient information to accurately link the budget with the Chart of Accounts to allow reliable budgetary control and variance analysis by period and cumulatively and to find explanations for variances and corrective action taken when necessary
- To ensure that all accounting and supporting documents are retained according to GoT standards and safe procedures for carrying out regular back-ups are maintained.
- To ensure that the accounting system supports the production of financial reports, including statements of Cash Flow, Income & Expenditure and Balance Sheet in a timely and relevant way
- To maintain a treasury system which supports the production of cash forecast information for disbursement requests
- To maintain appropriate controls over management of petty cash including limits over the maximum levels of petty cash held
- To ensure appropriate controls built in to the banking arrangements, including for example proper authorization of disbursements, double signatures on cheques and transfers, use of account payee cheque and conduct of regular bank reconciliations
- In respect of payment for material items, ensure that there are appropriate checks prior to approving payment (e.g. checking agreement to approved orders, agreed pricing, approval by persons of appropriate seniority)
- To maintain satisfactory procedures to ensure that grant funds can be distinguished from other funds and accounted for separately.
- To maintain NMCP approval systems with certifying and approval officers and appropriate segregation of duties and delegation levels, for authorization of procurement of non-health related assets and services
- To ensure that NMCP annual financial statements are audited to appropriate auditing standards and audit arrangements enable independent and reliable opinion/reporting
- To ensure that external audit arrangements applicable to Global Fund grant auditing requirements for Sub-Recipients are fulfilled
Experience and Qualifications:
- CPA holder with Bachelor degree in Finance, Accountancy, or its Equivalent ii. At least 5 years’ experience in financial management iii. At least 5 years’ experience working with government institutions iv. At least 5 years’ experience managing Global fund Grant
- Experience and knowledge in Project Management Skills.
- Expertise in Risk Management.
- Knowledge of legal requirement and control is an added advantage. Critical problem-solving ability. ix. Excellent Communication Skills
- Must be Conversant with EPICOR systems of accounting.
- Age limit: 50 years.
Terms of Employment: 3 years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds)
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-todate Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Full Registration & Valid License
- Internship Certificate
- Birth certificate.
- National ID.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- If your names in your academic certificates are different from Birth Certificate and National ID you are required to have (Deed Pool from The Registrar of Oath at the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements Development.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
How to Apply:
NB: All application should be submitted to Ministry of Health Recruitment Portal ajira.moh.go.tz. Closing date will be two (2) weeks from this advertisement. Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.
All applicants are reminded to comply with the application guidelines when filling the required information.
Ministry of Health
P.O BOX 743