Application Deadline:July 17, 2020
Internship Period : Sep 14 – Dec 11, 2020
The World Youth Alliance Internship Program provides opportunities for young people who are inspired by the ideas and work of the World Youth Alliance (WYA) to gain professional skills working on WYA’s projects and a substantive learning experience on WYA’s core ideas. Projects are designed to enhance each student’s specific academic background and interests. Interns receive mentorship and training from WYA staff members.
Ideal candidates possess a strong desire to protect and promote human dignity while making a positive impact on society. Candidates must be proactive, self-driven, resourceful, detail-oriented, and humble individuals with a willingness to learn.
What’s in it for you?
a) Introductory Training
Undergo WYA’s Certified Training Program (CTP) and learn about human rights philosophy and the dignity of the person.
b) Project Management
Work on projects suited to your interests and strengths under the supervision of WYA staff.
c) Network Building
Attend different events and meet new contacts as you represent WYA in various occasions.
We offer internships in all of our regional offices. Many of the interns accepted into the New York internship first complete a regional internship, are active WYA members in their country, and receive recommendations on their outstanding work.
The regional offices include:
- Africa (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Asia Pacific (Manila, Philippines)
- Europe (Brussels, Belgium)
- Latin America (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Middle East (Beirut, Lebanon)
- North America (New York, USA)
WYA offers internships for young people of varied educational and expertise backgrounds. Applicants can apply for any of the other regional offices only after completing a regional internship. Once accepted into the internship, applicants will be matched to a position that best corresponds to their interests and skills.
Apply Now! View Schedule
- WYA is not responsible for assisting with or issuing visas for accepted applicants. WYA can only send an invitation letter as proof of acceptance into the internship program.
- Some regional internships provide accommodation. If you require accommodation, please inquire with the regional staff during the interview step of the application.
- Visa and transportation fees will be at the applicant’s expense.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the World Youth Alliance Africa 2020 Batch 3 Internship Program