NRC Tanzania is looking for Warehouse Assistants base at Nduta and Nyarugusu
The purpose of the Assistant position is day to day implementation of the Warehouse/Storage responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the
organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated warehouse/storage functions according to plan of action
- Ensure proper record keeping of all materials in stores
- Manage all preparation of transactional documents such as waybills, Stores Requisitions, Goods Receipt/Return Notes, Stock Record and Bin Cards, etc.
- Prepare and disseminate warehouse status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the warehouse/storage function
- Assist the Logistic Officer in identifying deadstock and advising programs of the same
- Ensure the cleanliness, Safety and security of all storage areas and limit access of those not authorized to enter.
- Assist the Logistics Officer in the management of all the warehouses and storage areas of NRC Tanzania Nyarugusu/Nduta locations in liaison with the field based procurement and project teams
- Ensure that Warehouse related transactions are processed in a timely manner and projects materials are properly marked and segregated in storage to avoid confusion.
- Ensure proper layouts of all the storage areas and the safety and security of the materials in stock by limiting access to only those who need to have it for official purposes such as collection of materials or those who are working in stores.
- Conduct inspections and snap checks to ensure that all storage systems are operating well.
- Ensure keeping of proper records at all times such as GRNs, Stock/Bin Cards, Waybills and fuel records where applicable
- Train and capacity stores clerks/casual staff especially those working in stores, Fleet, Assets and effectively provide supervision and guidance to them.
- Deputise the Logistics Officer for Nyarugusu/Nduta at the field level and act during periods of absence.
- Prepare mandatory reports with all details in respect of Warehouse/Storage areas for dissemination to the Area Office by the 5th of Every month for inclusion in country Reports to be submitted to the Region
- Experience from working as a Warehouse Assistant/Storekeeper in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English and Swahili essential
- Personal qualities
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
We can offer
Duty station: Nduta and Nyarugusu .
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Tanzania
Application deadline: 03 August, 2020
CLICK HERE TO APPLY