Supply Chain Performance and Analytics Team Lead
The Global Health Supply Chain Program – Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) as well as essential medicines and medical supplies. In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania (GoT) health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
GHSC-TA-TZ is seeking to recruit the following positions:
Job Title: Supply Chain Performance and Analytics Team Lead
Department/Unit: Performance and Analytics
Location: GHSC-TA-TZ project office: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
The Performance and Analytics Team Lead (PATL) will work under the administrative and technical guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, and is responsible for leading the project in determining and documenting its own performance as well as the performance of the public health supply chain. S/he will work in collaboration with national stakeholders such as Medical Stores Department (MSD), the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), and the President’s Office of Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) and the Ministry of Health of the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. S/he will champion data use, analysis and data quality improvement efforts throughout the supply chain, and promote the use of data-driven decision-making to improve the supply chain. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, with occasional travel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the supply chain Performance and Analytics Team in identifying supply chain performance drivers, and developing actionable recommendations to improve supply chain performance
- Create short advocacy pieces, utilizing compelling visuals on supply chain performance, for dissemination to local and international audiences
- Leverage data from a range of existing systems (including eLMIS and DHIS2) to conduct statistical analyses and analyze the performance of the supply chain, highlighting pain points; link supply chain data with other health services data.
- Elevate the use of supply chain data in programmatic decision making; identify barriers to data quality and use, and develop and implement recommendations for addressing them.
- Champion the use of supply chain key performance indicators (KPIs) and facilitate institutionalization among key counterparts; identify and highlight when refinement of indicators may be needed.
- Lead the implementation of the project’s performance monitoring plan (PMP) and results framework, and in Data Quality Assessments
- Provide technical input into dashboards from and across information systems, including eLMIS dashboards and the supply chain portal
- Prepare monthly bullets, quarterly reports, annual reports, success stories, and other communications pieces documenting the project’s achievements, challenges, and risks
- Respond to any reporting requirements from USAID, including stock status, required indicators, items at risk of expiry, and other ad hoc reports
- Assist with the sampling, collection, cleaning, documentation and analysis of primary survey data for the project; assist with training of data collectors in preparation for surveys and other field work.
- Support the development of work plans, budgets, and activity monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Ensure all data collected through the project are stored and accessible to the project team
- Participate in relevant meetings and technical working groups and liaise between, GoT programs, donors, and other partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- An advanced degree/ Masters Degree in Health Informatics, Health Information Management, Statistics, Public Health, Pharmacy or other relevant field
- Skills in SPSS, STATA, and other statistical software packages
- Skills in data visualization tools, such as Tableau or Google Analytics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in logistics/supply chain management and or public health commodities management.
- Proven experience in public health programs, with three years or more senior management experience preferred
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, malaria, TB, reproductive health and essential medicines programs strongly desired.
- Proven track record in systems performance assessment and M&E responsibilities, including development/implementation in PMP management and analytics
- Proven strong leadership skills and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work on a team to develop strategies and manage implementation of projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work independently.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience managing a USAID funded contract or grant is a plus
- Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and other NGOs
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying this positions please send your resume, cover letter and copies of your academic certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. And kindly include title you are applying to and your name in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Deadline for submission shall be on 28th April,2020. GHSC -TA-TZ is an equal opportunity employer.