- Prepare the Annual Purchasing Plan
- Participate actively in the Corporate Purchasing plans
- Evaluate existing corporate purchasing policy and recommend changes as needed
- Evaluate existing and potential suppliers; recommend and implement changes in suppliers
- Make recommendations on the use of alternate materials
- Identify and optimize common inventories among facilities
- Assist in the preparation and management of the departmental budget
- Process timely selection of contractors and subcontractors for company contracted services in accordance with the approved company procurement policy and procedures
- Purchase materials in a timely manner and at the lowest cost.
- Planning and execution of procurement of imports, local purchases of spares, stationery, office supplies and services including coordination of logistics.
- Management and monitoring of list of suppliers and ensure proper contract signature for each supplier in the company account.
- Optimize stock levels of stationery through optimal re-order levels and re-order qualities to avoid over stocking or stock outs.
- Conduct timely and accurate reporting including monthly reports of imports.
- Attain the target for overall inventory turns per year and in accordance with the categorized purchasing expenditure issued.
- Analyze trends in vendor pricing and sales activity to determine correct timing of purchases.
- Issue purchase orders and changes timely and in accordance with company procedures.
- Implementation and maintenance of a regularized emergency purchases procedure and policies.
- Anticipate and monitor procurement procedures timely and avoid customs delays and other import regulation delays.
- Verify accuracy of computerized purchasing records
- Maintain proficiency in computerized purchasing/business systems; be literate and functional with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
Bachelors Degree and a post graduate degree in procurement and supply chain management.
Knowledge of Key procurement programs and SAP will be an added advantage.
Sound knowledge of Tanzania importation process, customs and procurement procedures.
Good communication skills.
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental
standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by
100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY