The European Union Delegation to Tanzania is looking for: Project Officer
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community:
Supports Tanzania’s development agenda and sustainable development goals for a better life for all
Provides support with a view to inclusive growth, private sector development and job creation
Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
Fosters regional peace and stability, economic integration and trade development.
Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Project Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Specifically, the successful candidate will be part of the Economics and Governance section.
This is a full time employment. The post is allocated in salary group 1 which has a minimum gross salary of 6,229,814 TZS per month.
We offer other entitlements as per European Union human resources procedures applicable to locally recruited staff. The definitive salary will be determined based on the professional experience of the successful candidate. We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
Reporting to the head of the economics and governance section, the Programme Officer will manage cooperation activities in the field of governance and civil society.
The main tasks will include:
- Programme management: call for proposals, identification and formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities
- Policy dialogue with CSO stakeholders
- Analytical work, briefings, technical notes, speeches
- Visibility and communication
- Development partners coordination and aid effectiveness
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Background in economics, governance and/or public administration.
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience, or equivalent in postgraduate education /research.
Linguistics ability and Communication skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Very good oral and written communication.
Interpersonal and Intellectual skills
- High degree of responsibility and be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a team
- Professional conduct. Ability to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver on time
- Flexibility to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands
- Qualifications University degree or equivalent in a field related to economics, governance and/or public administration Postgraduate education/research
- Professional experience Minimum of three years relevant experience, or equivalent in postgraduate education /research Experience in the region
- Knowledge of languagesFluent in English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge of IT tools Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to
(link sends e-mail). The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 10 August 2020
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa