Program Assistant – Media
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania /
Programs – Africa – Central & East /
Full Time – Local
Support the Projects Coordinator in management and implementation of all media aspects of the two projects. S/he will also support other Search Tanzania media work as required. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Projects Coordinator in close coordination with the Program Officer/Focal Points, Design Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Officer as well as the Area Manager as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Program Officer/Focal Points (Mara and Dar es Salaam, Mtwara), DM&E Officer and Projects Coordinator for effective planning and implementation of media activities;
- Support the day-to-day media activities of Search projects, including planning, logistics, and oversight;
- Under the supervision of the Projects Coordinator, design and implement a multi-media campaign under the projects;
- Work with the Project Coordinator, Finance and Compliance Officer to negotiate with radio and television channels to broadcast Search activities, as well as to market and distribute media products via traditional and new media;
- Work with Search’s Regional/Head Quarters Communications team to ensure media aspects of the country’s activities are shared internally and externally;
- Be the focal point for all Search Tanzania social media platforms, ensuring that real-time updates of activity highlights are posted on social media, including Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp groups;
- Work with the DM&E Officer to develop tools for tracking and evaluating media activities and participate in data collection, and conducting listenership surveys as requested;
- Compile and submit monthly Media Activity Reports;
- Meet regularly with Project Coordinator to review progress of projects against project objectives, indicators and deliverables, and give meaningful input and recommendations into the project management and institutional learning;
- Collation of media logs for media programs;
- Working with Program Officer/Focal Points to update real time and other content on Search’s social media platforms;
- Travel to communities regularly to ensure media activities are on track and to troubleshoot as needed;
- Be directly engaged in the continuing development of the organization, its mission, and its staff, through the sharing of experience and knowledge
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Theater Arts or a related field;
- Demonstrated technical capacity to provide support and guidance to project staff on design and implementation of radio, television and other media programs;
- Ability to successfully facilitate trainings and dialogues using participatory methods;
- Professional knowledge and experience in using and applying social media in programming;
- High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality;
- The ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment;
- A proven track record of being proactive;
- The ability to multi-task and work to meet tight deadlines;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, e-studio as well as web browsers;
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English, both verbally and in writing;
- The ability to travel across project areas
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa