Deadline: 08th May, 2020
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Business & IT Strategy:
- Develops functional or departmental IT strategy. Ensures alignment with overall enterprise-wide IT strategy.
- Directs the development and implementation of integrated IT initiatives to support business strategies.
- Initiates change to improve business results and leads change initiatives.
- Provides frequent, communication to department/organization and clients about the change (i.e., rationale, expected outcomes, the “big” picture) and the impact of the change (individual and business).
- Builds a coalition of sponsorship (managers, staff and clients) and manages resistance to the change.
- Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
- Participates in the governance board that defines the IT mission, oversees operations, and determines IT investments, and pricing and product strategies.
- Manages the development of a technology plan for functional/assigned area of responsibility.
- Implements solutions consistent current and future architecture.
- Initiates and directs the improvement processes that impact customer satisfaction and relationships.
- Actively reviews and improves upon processes and is accountable for ensuring that they are followed.
- Coaches team about corporate decision-making processes, prioritization, and IT/business-unit alignment.
- Manages the development of IT budgets.
- Tracks budget and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
- Integrates high-quality services while continuing to optimize cost across multiple departments, processes and functions.
IT Technology Development:
- Oversees the development and implementation of technology solutions that supports desired enterprise-wide business results.
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs):
- Works with business groups and service providers to establish SLAs that support business objectives.
- Monitors and modifies SLAs as required.
- Ensures internal SLAs are met.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Ensures contracts are in place.
- Ensures service provider performance is reviewed and that contract managers are notified when necessary.
- Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- Discusses work progress and obstacles.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
- Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
- Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Forecasts new skill requirements based on emerging technologies and customer demand.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within multiple functions and COCs.
- Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has 10 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing multiple, medium to large cross-functional teams or projects, influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver multiple, concurrent IT projects on time and within budget.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Ajira Mpya Kila Siku Kwenye Simu Yako.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa