JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Senior Director of Field Operations
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide effective operational support to the regions and countries’ performance towards maximizing World Vision’s contribution to child wellbeing outcomes with special focus on targets, promoting organizational culture and practice of performance, accountability and risk management.
Provide technical oversight to the Senior Directors Operations (SDOs) in:
a) Management of the Regional Offices (ROs);
b) Performance monitoring of the National Offices (NOs);
c) Operationalizing key directions and initiatives of the Partnership to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness;
d) Being voice for the field.
- Provide guidance and representation for the GFO in the various working groups/initiatives of Our Promise ensuring GFO alignment in the delivery of the strategy.
- Provide leadership on the GFO operational plan and execution to ensure strategic alignment, clarity, decision rights and focus in operations across the regional and field entities.
- Deliver solutions on the strategic and resource issues arising from LEAPfrog, Child Sponsorship Funding Model, Chosen and other projects.
- Co-ordinate annual review and analysis of Partnership priorities and business as usual processes to ensure all projects are in alignment across GFO.
- Support SDOs to ensure effective review of strategies in line with Our Promise, to include Programme Capability and Performance Review (PCPR), Country Strategy Implementation Plans (CSIP), global impact framework and effective programme quality processes.
- Lead the SDO group, in coordination with Regional Leaders.
- Manage and organise the Global Operations Leadership Team (GOLT) monthly meetings agenda and annual retreats.
- Monitor, analyze and recommend direction for the ongoing performance of the field, utilizing various tools, including PowerBi data, PCPR, etc.
- Manage GFO budget and coordinate the guidelines for RO & NO planning and budgeting process, including Fragile Context Special Fund (FCSF), global meetings, transitioning countries (TFOs) processes and systems and Charge backs.
- Trouble-shoot projects on specific operational issue in the field as assigned by the supervisor.
- Represent GFO on Partnership Policy Committee, Safeguarding Oversight committee, Programming IT Steering Group, Child Sponsorship Partner leaders committee.
- Develop the annual Global National Office Dashboard (GNOD) and continue to mature and simplify NO metrics and ensure tracking of Partnership strategic measures.
- Representation and leadership for GFO in the various global groups managing field programming matters.
- Negotiate, triangulate and arbitrate operational field issues.
- Deliver simplification and co-ordination of all global processes, procedures, guidance and standards that effect the field, with clear feedback mechanisms to ensure the voice of the field is heard.
- Drive WV and VisionFund integration, strategy alignment and funding.
- Strengthen delivery of risk management in particular use of Riskonnect, crisis management training, fleet management and safeguarding.
- Support ROs to ensure field reports & budgets (through Horizon, impact portal, advocacy strategic measures and Faith & Development, etc.) are submitted with quality.
- Support the ROs in an effort to strengthen the use of Horizon data by NOs for decision-making, quality improvement and strategy review.
- Prepare various reports and presentations as requested by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree required in international relief and development, behavior change, engineering or business.
- Operational leader with a minimum 10 years’ hands-on experience in managing programmes in the developing world in more than one country.
- In-depth knowledge of the humanitarian sector, with frontline experience and performance as ADP Manager, Grant Project Manager or Emergency Response Manager.
- Prior World Vision experience is required.
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to play a gatekeeping role to tightly manage and control the demands going to the field.
- Proven excellence in written (e.g. reports) and verbal communications in English. A second language is highly desirable.
- Christian spiritual maturity and discernment evidenced by life and character including active and regular fellowship with other Christians.
- Strong experience and proven skills in working effectively across cultures to advance priorities and achieve change, in situations without direct authority.
- Strong team player with proven ability to collaborate constructively, and find solutions to achieve objectives while building and maintaining good relationships at all levels.
- Applications should be submitted latest by May 16, 2020
JIUNGE GROUP LETU LA TELEGRAM. BONYEZA HAPA