All applicants should be Tanzanian citizens and be fluent in Swahili and English. The position is immediately available. Candidates must be able to work in a multi — cultural, multi – ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender and have a demonstrated track record of effective monitoring and evaluation team leadership.Women are encouraged to apply.
Reports To: Water Services Technical Lead
Winrock International is a subcontractor on the USAID/Tanzania Water Resources Integration Development Initiative (WARIDI). The Senior Water Engineer will monitor field-level water supply and sanitation construction activities. S/He will report to the Water Services Technical Lead and closely coordinate support activities with the engineering team, providing analyses and reviews of construction activities at key points in the construction management schedule. S/he will play a critical role in tracking and advising Winrock International to ensure successful and timely implementation.
This position will be approximately 30 hours/week and 75% travel. The position will require frequent travel to remote locations across Morogoro and Iringa Regions.Transport will be facilitated from Morogoro Town using project vehicles.
Education: Relevant graduate degree in civil engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the water sector especially in rural water supply in Tanzania.
- Experience designing water supply systems for rural areas including pumped and gravity schemes for populations of 1,000 to 20,000 people
- Recent hands-on technical experience ranging from, electrical installation to intake setting to a variety of other technical tasks
- Experience in contract management and supervising contractors on-site
- Experience working with local government and communities
- Strong management, organizational, conceptual, strategic and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of various water supply designs and systems
- Familiarity with Tanzania and USAID environmental laws and regulations
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize with competing deadlines and priorities
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving and ethical management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Swahili (written and oral)
Detailed Job Description
Provide reliable technical civil engineering support to water supply projects
- Facilitate design of water supply projects (including surveys, drawings, sketches and designs and supervision), providing written reviews and Quality Assurance Checks on designs and design changes as implementation progresses
- Provide technical advice and assurance that all activities related to water and sanitation, including environmental impact assessments and mitigation measures, are done effectively
Manage contractors for effective planning and implementation of water projects
- Review and monitor construction activities for on-going construction sites in close coordination with lead engineers
- Review contractors plans and specifications for water projects for compliance with quality standards
- Cross-check field construction activities in relationship to surveys and construction designs as appropriate, o Visit construction sites on a regular basis and provide useful reports on, progress and compliance to quality standards o Review plans and specifications for water projects for compliance with quality standards and prepare recommendations to support continuous improvement in quality assurance and quality control areas.
- Strategically and effectively support reviews of progress of implementation of water supply projects per contractor’s schedule and support updates to schedules as needed o Support lead Engineers to address identified construction issues o Prepare and provide quality and timely technical reports on observations, recommendations, and conclusions as appropriate, o Facilitate the inspection, verification and confirmation for work in progress and for completed projects
- Build and maintain a continuous interactive exchange of information with other team members, partners and relevant stakeholders
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should email a brief statement of interest, current curriculum vitae (CV) and 3 references to: WARIDI.HR@winrock.org Subject of the email should include “WARIDI Senior QA/QC Engineer”. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidate will be hired as soon as she/he is available. Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience.
This position is open to Tanzanian candidates only. Winrock International is committed to diversity and gender equality and encourages applications from women and underrepresented groups.Winrock International is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for submission of applications: 22nd May 2020 at I6:00hrs
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa