Systyem Administrator: Billing System & Storage
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
- Storage management
- Billing Systems Management and administration
- Billing Systems Security management.
- Systems Monitoring.
- Virtual and Cloud systems administration
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Ensure systems health and Monitoring for all systems under scope are maintained on a daily basis.
- Ensure storage management systems health is done on a daily basis, and be able to report any faulty or systems fault alerts to your line Manager.
- Maintain daily storage operational activities for billing systems and any other systems as per the tasks assigned based to various projects.
- Ensure all systems are protected by available security tools and are compliant as per the security requirement.
- Provide and comply auditing details that might be required by the security department.
- Self-Development, must have initiation for self-learning to equip him/herself with technical capabilities.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- GSM and Telecommunication Experience
- Experience in Unix, Linux, Solaris, Windows and Relational Database Management Systems
- Knowledge in Centralised storage systems.
- Knowledge or Experience in Virtual and Cloud systems, (VMWARE is Preferred).
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Stress tolerance
- Good analytical skills and systematic Approaches
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ Experience
- Maintain and Repair
- Monitor and Diagnose
- Implementation and Integration
- Incident Response
- Automation and Robotics
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa