JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Head of Cyber Security
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Head of Cyber Security is responsible for the provision of expert knowledge and influences the cyber security activities, aligning global cyber security risk reduction with local market business and technology priorities and to the global cyber security strategy to be implemented in the local markets. The Head of Cyber Security focusses upon the management of a team of Cyber Security professionals who protect Vodafone from security threats and reduce risk across Vodafone global technology infrastructure and implements security controls across Vodafone with a single design.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
Impact on the business
- Coordinate delivery and assessment of cyber security baselines (CSBs) across all Vodacom relevant business areas and processes
- Design effectively and efficiently implement Cyber Security controls and requirements across Vodacom Tanzania environments
- Own demand planning and forecasting for Technology security, for all systems, services and processes within the portfolio, working together with vendors and internal customers
- Drive, lead and manage the ISO27001 Information security management system (ISMS) for its successful operations
- Drive, lead and manage the King IV Technology governance for its successful operations
- Ensure all M-Pesa and third-party systems’ products, services and projects are compliant to the Vodacom minimum security requirements and Cyber Security Baselines (CSBs)
- Management of the vulnerability scanning, patching and penetration tests and tracking resolution of vulnerabilities and patches in Vodacom systems, per the relevant Vodacom security policies
- Coordinate all internal and external audits around Technology systems and processes, ensure these systems are free from known Technology audit findings and ensure all audit findings in these systems are closed within agreed timelines
Customers, supplier and third parties
- Ensure compliance with Legal, Regulatory and key stakeholders requirements across the Technology domains
- Responsible for monitoring of compliance of the Cyber security managed services contract, to ensure it is within agreed SLA
- Responsible for validation, timely completion and accuracy of Technology audit checklists and user access rights reviews
- Ensure proper implementation, projects and change management processes compliance for all planned and emergency changes in Technology systems
Leadership, Planning and Human Resource Management
- Manage all the Cyber security budgets and planning, in alignment with the company and Group strategy
- Manage the Cyber security subordinate resources (FTEs and contractors) for their tasks/job descriptions effective implementations
- Performance Management, Skills development within Cyber security department
- Provide input to Security Policies and requirements on Technology security methods and technologies
- Implement and measure compliance of the Vodacom cyber code across all users
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on Cyber security service performance
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders to disseminate information and drive mitigating actions.
Innovation and change
- Manage the Security and Privacy by Design Assurance (SPDA) processes of the GDPR and business requirements
- Continually assess and review security policies and controls, to support business requirements and changing security landscapes
- Drive continuous improvement through simplification of key cyber security processes
- Set-up of analytics framework and tools
- Work closely with the projects management team to ensure secure development of software codes and products is adhered and maintained throughout the software development life cycle
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Make recommendations for Cyber security service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Perform information security awareness and training to all Vodacom users and third-party vendors, and monitor effectiveness of the awareness and trainings
- Driving incident planned and emergency communication processes to both internal and external audience
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Telecommunications, Information/Cyber Security, Information technology or Computer Science
- Security certifications (CEH, GCIA, CISM, CISA or equivalent)
- MSc or MBA and CISSP will be an added advantage
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in Technology and Network Systems security and five years in the Cyber security field
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the Technology security internationally recognized frameworks, such as ISO27001
- Advanced knowledge of mobile telecommunications network architectures, IT systems, Financial systems, networks and applications.
- Project Management and Strong communication & leadership skills
- Extensive computer user knowledge and skills essential
- Strong analytical, planning and organizing skills.
- Good business acumen
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Risk and Compliance
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
JIUNGE GROUP LETU LA TELEGRAM. BONYEZA HAPA