Regional Proposal Recruiter
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is currently seeking a Regional Proposal Recruiter. The Regional Proposal Recruiter is a critical role within our business development team and will ensure a proactive, strategic approach to our proposal efforts. This individual will partner with our business operating groups on pre-bid, bid, post award, and transition phases. The recruiter is responsible for attracting, identifying, and assessing qualified candidates for proposals and plays a critical role in ensuring best possible talent is hired. S/he will work closely with the Senior Proposal Manager, Principal Investigator and country teams to develop recruiting plans, tools, strategies, and processes to attract talented professionals by employing traditional sourcing strategies as well as developing new and creative recruiting ideas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify future talent needs and pro-actively recruit and source for new-business opportunities.
- Will work with the Business Development and the Proposal Team to generate a pipeline of candidates pre-bid.
- Sources candidates in alignment with proposal personnel qualifications, donor regulations, and organizational team structure.
- Prepares and collects documentation relating to the proposal recruitment process: formats CVs for proposals, develops personnel-related annexes, collects biographical data forms and letters of commitment, etc.
- Supports and improves processes for strong recruitment to include developing job descriptions, creating job announcements, networking, screening, and interviewing candidates when needed.
- Conducts reference checks, verifies 1420s and salary negotiations.
- Follows and promotes understanding of best practices, regulations and policies related to recruitment and employment.
- Develops and implements international recruitment best practices; ensures proactive and continual networking efforts to maintain a pipeline of qualified talent.
- Assists with design of organizational charts and advises on team structure based on proposal objectives, budget, and personnel qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5+ years of full cycle recruiting experience, preferably with proposal recruiting experience in an international health and aid environment.
- Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- PEPFAR technical recruiting experience in sub-Saharan Africa; recruitment experience in the Democratic Republic of Congo is a plus.
- Experience performing proposal recruitment of US government bids for international nonprofits.
- Experience using behavioral and situational interviewing techniques.
- Proven Knowledge of US government rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment programming preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Fluency in English is required and advanced proficiency in French and Portuguese is a plus.
- Detailed organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priories and deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel up to 35%.
Closing date 31 May 2020
CLICK HERE TO APPLY