Chief of Party
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia in the United States is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for potential Cross-Cutting Specialist positions on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Tanzania. The goal of this project is to advance marine biodiversity conservation within Tanzania through the reduction of the use of illegal and unsustainable fishing techniques within national waters, improvement the governance and management of coastal lands and seascapes, and improved policy development and capacity to implement these policies.
Tetra Tech anticipates using a comprehensive and innovative approach to reduce priority threats to coastal and marine biodiversity in Tanzania while advancing Tanzanian institutions further on their journey to self- reliance with the support of coastal communities, the private sector, and other relevant stakeholder groups. Public outreach, community participation, and private sector engagement will all be critical components in effectively partnering with governmental agencies and supporting non-governmental organizations to achieve the intended purpose.
Position Description: The COP will be the principal point of contact in Tanzania for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation. S/he will be the primary liaison with USAID/Tanzania on technical matters and must adjust programs and operations in response to USAID/Tanzania technical direction. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
The COP’s primary responsibilities will be aimed at providing overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire Activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and focusing on achieving the results defined in the award. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to Activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Tanzania.
- Master’s degree or higher in marine/coastal management, marine biology or other marine science, fisheries resource management, or another relevant field;
- At least twelve (12) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of donor-funded development activities, USG/USAID experience preferred;
- At least seven (7) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management, including team leadership and direct supervision of professional and support staff;
- Demonstrated ability to engage in multi-stakeholder dialogue, including sustaining partnerships and strong working relationships with donors, host country government counterparts, the private sector, academic institutions, and civil society;
- Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
- Proficiency written and spoken English is required. Swahili fluency is strongly preferred. Arabic skills are preferred (Zanzibar).
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
The deadline for submitting the application is30 September, 2020.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY