4 Assistant Lecturers Job at Sokoine University
Assistant Lecturer (4 posts)
The Management of Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) invites suitable qualified Tanzanians to apply for positions of Assistant Lecturers and Tutorial Assistants.
SUA MIZENGO PINDA CAMPUS KATAVI
Position: Assistant Lecturer (4 posts)
- Discipline of Bee Resources Management (2 posts) for applicants in in possession of a Masters of Science degree in Beekeeping/ Entomology or their equivalents, with a minimum GPA of 4.0 out of 5.0; and a Bachelor of Science degree in Entomology/ Beekeeping/ Zoology / Forestry, having a minimum GPA of 3.8. Candidates with a Diploma in Beekeeping will have an added advantage.
- Discipline of Crop Protection (1 post) for applicants in possession of Bsc. Agriculture/Horticulture/Agronomy with GPA of 3.8, Msc. Crop Science/ Agriculture with specialization in Crop Protection and a minimum GPA of 4.0, with minimum score of B+ in relevant subjects.
- Discipline of Database Management/Web programming/Software Engineering (1 post) for applicants in possession of a Bachelor degree in Informatics/ Computer Science/lnformation Technology or related fields with a minimum GPA of 3.8 and Masters degree in Informatics/Computer Science/lnformation Technology or related field from a recognized Institution with a minimum GPA of 4.0.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undergo an induction course in pedagogic skills for those who had none before;
- To carry out lectures, conduct tutorials, seminars and practicals for undergraduate programmes;
- To prepare and present case studies;
- To conduct and publish/disseminate research results;
- To recognize students having difficulties, intervene and provide help and support;
- To participate in consultancies and community services under supervision;
- To attend workshops, conferences and symposia; and
- To perform other related duties that may be assigned by the relevant authorities.
Age: Not above 45 years of age.
Remuneration: As per Treasury Registrar’s Circular No. 7of 2015, which is applicable at the moment.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be addressed to the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration and Finance), P.O. Box 3000, CHUO KIKUU, MOROGORO.
The application letters should indicate names and addresses of three referees, together with a signed and updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates and transcripts i.e. Form IV and Form VI or Certificates, Diploma, Bachelor, Masters, Birth Certificate, and other relevant credentials. NOTE that for those who studied abroad, TCU Verification must be attached to the application.
Deadline is 28 April, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through their addresses/e-mail and/or telephone.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Public Servants interested to apply for the positions are guided to route their applications through their current employers, otherwise your request will not be considered.
During application the applicant should state the POSITION and DISCIPLINE one is vying for on the application letter.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa