Tanzania, United Republic of | req8066
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Palladium is recruiting for Education experts for an upcoming flagship programme in Tanzania aimed at improving the quality of education for girls and boys in the country. Shule Bora will aim to reach all 11.5 million girls and boys in primary and pre-primary schools in Tanzania, working closely with the government of Tanzania to design and deliver reform and interventions across the country.
Our education technical experts will focus on, and have experience in, one more of the following areas:
- Learning reform and interventions
- Girls’ education and gender equality
- Disability inclusion
- Reducing violence against children in school
The Education Expert provides overall technical expertise on the expansion of access-related activities, including risk reduction and safety, gender and inclusion, equitable education services. The role is conditional based on contract award.
Based in Dodoma, Tanzania, the responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement interventions that increase access to quality education for out of school children through community-based education, formal schooling, and affordable private schooling;
- Support community mobilization and capacity building of education authorities and other partners;
- Analyze and address barriers to educational access and participation of children and youth, with an additional focus on girls and those ;
- Assess issues of supply and demand for education options/services;
- Adapt rapidly to changing priorities and needs; designing successful interventions to combat inclusion barriers; and
- Implement SEL and psychosocial well-being activities, as well as activities to reduce dropout and improve student retention and transition.
- A strong academic background in education, or a relevant field, or commensurate experience;
- Extensive experience in providing technical assistance and solutions in the education development sector, with experience in a programme leadership role;
- Experience working with government departments in analyzing and addressing barriers to educational access and participation; assessing issues of supply and demand for education options/services;
- Experience supporting education sector reforms and designing and testing interventions interventions at scale
- Understanding of payment for results (PfR) financing structures for education interventions
- Strong communication skills; fluency in Swahili required and advanced knowledge of spoken and written English highly desired.
Closing Date : 28th June, 2020.Ajira Mpya Kila Siku Kwenye Simu Yako.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa