Relationship Manager (Chinese Portfolio)
To evaluate Chinese portfolio credit risks associated with lending at the client interface, with the primary objective to contain credit risk within acceptable parameters.
- Provision of direct credit evaluation services at the customer interface.
- Identify credit and risk management requirements at the source of the deal negotiation/ business proposal.
- Conduct credit evaluation interviews during deal negotiation
- Identify, quantify and evaluate sources of risk in relation to profitability of business proposal and financial viability of the corporation as a whole.
- Utilize industry risk analysis available to identify and understand contextual threats to existing and potential clients.
- Prepare credit applications providing sound financial and business justification for deals/ proposals.
- Proactively drive review process of existing facilities
- Detect and evaluate shifts or changes in key parameters in a business relationship or industry and evaluate the implications of such changes on continued business dealings.
- Analyze information received from client and the client’s performance. Establish reasons for risk exposure in excess of credit facilities; evaluate these in relation to business risk parameters.
- Monitor utilization in excess of credit facilities and assist Relationship Managers in managing the risk exposure.
- Review the correctness of data and information obtained including financials & ROE calculations before sending to Credit.
- Build relationship with Credit Relationship Managers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.
- Share joint credit responsibility for business and understanding the implications of substandard delivery.
- Identify risks/ barriers to business development that emanate from a client’s operating environment and develop strategies to mitigate/ overcome these problems with the relevant members of the team.
- Manage financial information produced by Chinese portfolio customers.
- Plan and Implement annual credit reviews for the portfolio.
- Knowledge of the key areas in Wholesale Banking.
- Understanding of key financial indicators and use financial analysis to evaluate strategic options and opportunities
- Robust credit knowledge; High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong ability to influence, build and /or initiate effective relationships and credibility with others (colleagues, stakeholders and customers)
- Ability to identify, clarify/define and work through challenges towards a defined outcome
- Ability to think in terms of integrated solutions; Logical, rational and shows sound judgement
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with the ability to listen actively and with interest, and interrogate and interpret information effectively
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce, MBA/ ACCA/CPA or similar qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in Banking and/or Financial Services, 2 years being in credit related duties.
- Must be able to speak Mandarin
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY