Position: Finance Implementation Lead
Job Summary: Working under the direction of the ERP Project Manager, the Finance Implementation Lead, will be responsible for successfully driven the implementation strategies for the financial and procurement modules for the new MGIC ERP system. S/he will be responsible for developing sound efficient financial and procurement workflows that follow best practices for internal controls and mirror workflows identified in the current policies and procedures.
This person will be a central facilitator in defining functional requirements, refining our technology choices, supporting and coordinating internal and external architecture, and technical teams to ensure a smooth implementation and transition to the new ERP and will assist with training and implementation.
1. System Implementation
- Assess current financial policies and procedures and, from that, develop the ideal workflow to be used with the new ERP system.
- Ensure that workflows incorporate key financial and procurement controls as identified in policies and procedures.
- Working closely with internal and external finance and technical teams and evaluate how system changes will affect workflow, data, and reporting. Recommend changes based on their evaluations and input.
- Working with the ERP Project Manager, identify a key group of core users who will transition fund expenditure data from the old system to the new. Ensure that data to be converted is sound before transition and ensure that balances that move from the old system to the new agreement.
- Working with finance leads, determine how cash balances and other balance sheet items should be accounted for into the new system.
- Research design problems as they arise and propose solutions
- Develop and track project requirements with the implementation teams
- Develop and track project phasing and schedule with the implementation teams
- The document, communicate and manage changes that surface during design and implementation
- Monitor and manage functional, schedule, and cost risks for the project
- Communicate, in close collaboration with the ERP Project Manager, project status at scheduled meetings and serve as a central source of project information
- Manage, in close collaboration with the ERP Project Manager, the day-to-day aspects of training and testing of the Finance and Procurement modules before launch
- Develop a training curriculum for finance and procurement staff, as well as program and other staff on the finance and procurements modules. Training materials should include user guides and job aids. Training itself should be prepared to be conducted both in-person and online.
- Identify key power uses who can be trained first and then train others.
3. Reporting and Documentation
- Working with key finance and procurement leads to identify all types of reporting that will be needed from the new system. Then, working with the ERP Project Manager, develop these reports using the ERP report writer tools, with supporting dashboards as required.
- Develop job aids so different types of users can perform reports.
- Train on report writing.
- Develop accurate documentation of the finance and procurement modules of the system
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting plus 5 to 7 years of experience in international finance and managerial position with a US Government funded organization is required.
- Advanced knowledge and expert understanding of USG rules and regulations related to award financial management; extensive knowledge of 2 CFR 200 is required; knowledge of the FAR is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent, in-depth, and hands-on knowledge of accounting software and processes from the simple, QuickBooks, to the more complex such as Oracle or SAGE ERP systems. Preferably with an understanding of the complexities of multi-currency, multi-site, and multi-organizational implementations.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office package
- Good supervisory skills and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and a proactive, problem-solving approach is required
- Prior team management experience required
- Fluency in English and effective communication skills are required
- Ability to travel internationally 30-40% and/or ability to undertake temporary duty assignments to support country offices.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE